Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PD-8 dual trigger problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD-8 dual trigger problem.

Hello Forum, I have a question for you all. I have the TD-3 kit w/ the PDX-8 mesh snare and three PD-8's for toms. Now I know the PD-8's are dual trigger because they say they are, but also when I switch them for the snare on the TD-3 module I get rims shots or whatever I dial up. Now the problem is this- I dont use the TD-3 module all that much. I mainly use battery 3 for my kits and I can not get the dual trigger to work for the PD-8s. When I switch a PD-8 with the PDX-8 in the TD-3 module (like before) I can get the dual trigger to also work in Battery. So I am thinking that somehow the TD-3 module is limiting what the three toms are sending to Battery. Is there any way to correct this. It certainly would be cool to be able to add three more drum sounds to a kit. Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: Well, There is only one midi note# that is sent from the toms to battery. I don't think there is any way to overcome that. All the other dual triggers send two, oh well. I think I am SOL.

2nd UPDATE: After reading the manual front to back (again) I in fact found a very small sentence explaining that the tom inputs do not handle rim trigger signals. Does this sound like something I could modify? Probably not because I would have to do a firmware update in order to program midi note #'s. Well, WTF, they have the ability to send two signals- why not give us the option. Arrrgh! Thanks for the help guys!
    Last edited by feloniouspunk; 11-20-08, 12:04 PM.

Originally posted by feloniouspunk View Post
    I think I am SOL.
    True.

Does this sound like something I could modify?
    No.

Arrrgh! Thanks for the help guys!
    No problem.

Bruce

Comment

Double Turds!

Comment

You can add any drum sounds in Battery through the 4 rims you have available in td-3.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin e View Post
          You can add any drum sounds in Battery through the 4 rims you have available in td-3.
          What rims? Snare and cymbals?

Bruce

Comment

Yes, snare and cymbol rims can play any midi sound. What?

Comment

Yeah, I do have the the snare and cymbal rims playing different sounds then the snare and cymbal. So for three pads, I have 6 sounds in battery. I was just hoping that sense the toms were dual trigger I could get two different sounds out of them in Battery. The idea just came to me while I was sitting on the john reading the sweetwater catalog. Why make the toms on the TD-3 kit dual trigger in the first place.

Comment

Working...
              X