Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Additional Patterns - TD20

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Additional Patterns - TD20

    Sorry if this is an old and tired subject..........

    Can you added to the recorded (play along) patterns on the TD20? If so, is there a 'bank' of users patterns or a location where these can be downloaded?

    Also, does the new expansion card come with additional patterns?

    Thanks!
    JL

  • #2
    yes you can record on 100 user paterns( starting on no.101) at the end of the 100 preset paterns.(1 through 100) you do that through a midi connection fron a sequencer.

    yes the expansion card comes with additional paterns.
    Last edited by i-drum; 11-20-08, 11:31 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks. Can you also upload patterns from other users as you would additional kits? And if so, is there a place where users have posted these?

      Comment


      • #4
        if you are looking for backing tracks to download, check here:

        http://www.roland.com/V-Drums/download/index.html
        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

        Comment


        • #5
          not sure what you mean by other users ?

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks Saku--- those are the type of patterns I was referring to, but I was also wondering if there were any for download directly to the TD20.

            i-drum--- when I say "users", I'm referring to other TD20 users. I have downloaded some custom kits from other users in the past, so my thought was that I might be able to do the same with the patterns.

            Comment


            • #7
              i-drum--- when I say "users", I'm referring to other TD20 users. I have downloaded some custom kits from other users in the past, so my thought was that I might be able to do the same with the patterns.
              [/QUOTE] i don't see why not as long as it's done through a midi connection.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by i-drum View Post
                yes the expansion card comes with additional paterns.
                Only a few drum demo loops and some very short pad patterns; no playalong songs.

                Bruce

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by i-drum View Post
                  yes you can record on 100 user paterns( starting on no.101) at the end of the 100 preset paterns.(1 through 100) you do that through a midi connection fron a sequencer.

                  yes the expansion card comes with additional paterns.
                  I am interested in using a MIDI keyboard to create some basic patterns that I can then load to user patterns .. I don't understand the TD 20 user manual in this area, is there any good tutorials on this site as to how I could do that?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by NicStix View Post
                    I am interested in using a MIDI keyboard to create some basic patterns that I can then load to user patterns .. I don't understand the TD 20 user manual in this area, is there any good tutorials on this site as to how I could do that?
                    I don't think so, but recording to a new user pattern using MIDI channels 1-4 for backing parts is the only way to get a new pattern into the TD-20 in the first place.

                    Bruce

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Long Practice Patterns

                      I recently significantly upgraded my studio's computer equipment, and included in that was some high-end audio software (Peak Pro XT, Logic, etc.) and I've been engineering as a hobby (live music recording at venue then post-mastering, home recording, some reverse-engineering experiments that I have of course deleted and only did as research.....) for a long time. My question is this: if you download the mp3 files from Roland's site, they just play through one time, yes? Has anyone looped them so they play endlessly? If so, how? I ask because I don't want to waste time looping, editing, remastering, enhancing, mixing, and processing them if it's unnecessary. Of course, I'm going to experiment myself but I just wanted to get some initial information if there is any about the patterns. And also, does anyone have any multi-track recordings with the percussion on isolated tracks? I could also make master recordings of live music to be used as practice. . .when I record bands live, it's all two-track so I can't use my recordings. Well, actually I might be able to make some available IF a mutli-frequency damping technique that I'm going to try works.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Scott601 View Post
                        My question is this: if you download the mp3 files from Roland's site, they just play through one time, yes? Has anyone looped them so they play endlessly? If so, how? I ask because I don't want to waste time looping, editing, remastering, enhancing, mixing, and processing them if it's unnecessary.
                        Any looping of an MP3 track depends on the player rather than the file. I don't know if any typical MP3 players will loop a single track (unless you create a playlist with only a single track in it), but Windows Media Player and many other programs will loop a single MP3 file if you click "Repeat On".


                        Originally posted by Scott601 View Post
                        Of course, I'm going to experiment myself but I just wanted to get some initial information if there is any about the patterns. And also, does anyone have any multi-track recordings with the percussion on isolated tracks? I could also make master recordings of live music to be used as practice. . .when I record bands live, it's all two-track so I can't use my recordings. Well, actually I might be able to make some available IF a mutli-frequency damping technique that I'm going to try works.
                        I'm not clear what information you're seeking about patterns, which in the V-drum world is a term normally reserved for MIDI files rather than audio files.

                        I suggest you search this forum for "drumless" to see what's available for practice audio files, as well as previous discussions about this general topic.

                        Bruce

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BarT View Post
                          Any looping of an MP3 track depends on the player rather than the file. I don't know if any typical MP3 players will loop a single track (unless you create a playlist with only a single track in it), but Windows Media Player and many other programs will loop a single MP3 file if you click "Repeat On".
                          I would think most personal mp3 players have a 'repeat track' funtion...the more sophisticated have repeat track, repeat album, repeat playlist, repeat everything....and some allow you to designate a start and end point to loop....
                          TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                          ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                          not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X