Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Additional Patterns - TD20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional Patterns - TD20

Sorry if this is an old and tired subject..........

Can you added to the recorded (play along) patterns on the TD20? If so, is there a 'bank' of users patterns or a location where these can be downloaded?

Also, does the new expansion card come with additional patterns?

Thanks!
    JL

yes you can record on 100 user paterns( starting on no.101) at the end of the 100 preset paterns.(1 through 100) you do that through a midi connection fron a sequencer.

yes the expansion card comes with additional paterns.
    Last edited by i-drum; 11-20-08, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Thanks. Can you also upload patterns from other users as you would additional kits? And if so, is there a place where users have posted these?

Comment

if you are looking for backing tracks to download, check here:

http://www.roland.com/V-Drums/download/index.html
        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

not sure what you mean by other users ?

Comment

Thanks Saku--- those are the type of patterns I was referring to, but I was also wondering if there were any for download directly to the TD20.

i-drum--- when I say "users", I'm referring to other TD20 users. I have downloaded some custom kits from other users in the past, so my thought was that I might be able to do the same with the patterns.

Comment

i-drum--- when I say "users", I'm referring to other TD20 users. I have downloaded some custom kits from other users in the past, so my thought was that I might be able to do the same with the patterns.
              [/QUOTE] i don't see why not as long as it's done through a midi connection.

Comment

Originally posted by i-drum View Post
                Only a few drum demo loops and some very short pad patterns; no playalong songs.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by i-drum View Post
                  yes you can record on 100 user paterns( starting on no.101) at the end of the 100 preset paterns.(1 through 100) you do that through a midi connection fron a sequencer.

I am interested in using a MIDI keyboard to create some basic patterns that I can then load to user patterns .. I don't understand the TD 20 user manual in this area, is there any good tutorials on this site as to how I could do that?

Comment

Originally posted by NicStix View Post
                    I am interested in using a MIDI keyboard to create some basic patterns that I can then load to user patterns .. I don't understand the TD 20 user manual in this area, is there any good tutorials on this site as to how I could do that?
                    I don't think so, but recording to a new user pattern using MIDI channels 1-4 for backing parts is the only way to get a new pattern into the TD-20 in the first place.

Bruce

Comment

Long Practice Patterns

I recently significantly upgraded my studio's computer equipment, and included in that was some high-end audio software (Peak Pro XT, Logic, etc.) and I've been engineering as a hobby (live music recording at venue then post-mastering, home recording, some reverse-engineering experiments that I have of course deleted and only did as research.....) for a long time. My question is this: if you download the mp3 files from Roland's site, they just play through one time, yes? Has anyone looped them so they play endlessly? If so, how? I ask because I don't want to waste time looping, editing, remastering, enhancing, mixing, and processing them if it's unnecessary. Of course, I'm going to experiment myself but I just wanted to get some initial information if there is any about the patterns. And also, does anyone have any multi-track recordings with the percussion on isolated tracks? I could also make master recordings of live music to be used as practice. . .when I record bands live, it's all two-track so I can't use my recordings. Well, actually I might be able to make some available IF a mutli-frequency damping technique that I'm going to try works.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott601 View Post
                        My question is this: if you download the mp3 files from Roland's site, they just play through one time, yes? Has anyone looped them so they play endlessly? If so, how? I ask because I don't want to waste time looping, editing, remastering, enhancing, mixing, and processing them if it's unnecessary.
                        Any looping of an MP3 track depends on the player rather than the file. I don't know if any typical MP3 players will loop a single track (unless you create a playlist with only a single track in it), but Windows Media Player and many other programs will loop a single MP3 file if you click "Repeat On".

Originally posted by Scott601 View Post
                        Of course, I'm going to experiment myself but I just wanted to get some initial information if there is any about the patterns. And also, does anyone have any multi-track recordings with the percussion on isolated tracks? I could also make master recordings of live music to be used as practice. . .when I record bands live, it's all two-track so I can't use my recordings. Well, actually I might be able to make some available IF a mutli-frequency damping technique that I'm going to try works.
                        I'm not clear what information you're seeking about patterns, which in the V-drum world is a term normally reserved for MIDI files rather than audio files.

I suggest you search this forum for "drumless" to see what's available for practice audio files, as well as previous discussions about this general topic.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
                          Any looping of an MP3 track depends on the player rather than the file. I don't know if any typical MP3 players will loop a single track (unless you create a playlist with only a single track in it), but Windows Media Player and many other programs will loop a single MP3 file if you click "Repeat On".
                          I would think most personal mp3 players have a 'repeat track' funtion...the more sophisticated have repeat track, repeat album, repeat playlist, repeat everything....and some allow you to designate a start and end point to loop....
                          TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                          ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                          not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Working...
                          X