Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TMC6 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMC6 question

im pretty new to all of this but, my simple question:

how do I hook the TMC6 up to the td3?
    is it just MIDI in to MIDI out? or is there a different way?

thanks,
    Dillon

Yep... midi out of TMC-6 to midi in on TD3

Comment

Superpuss is right .. but you will get no benefit .... the TD3 does not provide percussion groups .. you will be triggering the same notes/sounds from your TD3 ...

You will need at least a TD6 ....

Pim
      Roland TD50, Roland PM30 and KC 550 Studio Capture /Dell XPS I7 32GB RAM Reaper,Superior Drummer,BFD3 (all exp. packs),SSD5 Ezdrummer 2, XLN Addictive Drums

Comment

Hmmm... wasn't aware of that with the TD3 Pim. Does the TD3 only have as many sounds as it has inputs? ie, can you not assign more kit sounds internally via different midi notes and then trigger those notes from the TMC-6? (I don't have a TD3 to try it on, hence the question)

Comment

Unfortunately no ... it is not possible to assign more kit sounds internally via different midi notes ....

Pim
          Roland TD50, Roland PM30 and KC 550 Studio Capture /Dell XPS I7 32GB RAM Reaper,Superior Drummer,BFD3 (all exp. packs),SSD5 Ezdrummer 2, XLN Addictive Drums

Comment

ok, so whats the easiest way to add more pads to my td3?

Comment

Originally posted by djackson View Post
              ok, so whats the easiest way to add more pads to my td3?
              There is no easy way. You will either have to upgrade to another module, or use two modules at the same time.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
                There is no easy way. You will either have to upgrade to another module, or use two modules at the same time.
                ....or do both!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist the GAS post

Comment

again im new so this might sound stupid lol...

but what does GAS and VEX stand for?

Comment

GAS = Gear Acquisition Syndrome and VEX is your friend

Comment

SP and Michael - you guys are cruel.

Don't listen to the djackson - GAS is a terrible ailment with no cure!! Don't be tempted! A TD-6V or -9 or....-12.....may be all you need......or maybe a TD-20....and a few more pads and cymbals, perhaps a double kick pedal..... a percussion module or sampler... oh and a good PC with some recording smarts.... and maybe a Vex kit or BFD...

Comment

Working...
                      X