Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD20 +TDW20 Module + TD12 kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD20 +TDW20 Module + TD12 kit

Hi To EVERYONE at VDRUMS.COM!

This is my first post.
    What to Purchase?

My brother is offering to buy me a drum kit!! (Pay him back one day!)
    He is awsome guitarist of some 30 years experience.

The full TD20 kit is too expensive.
    I would love TD 20 module + TDW 20

If I purchased TD20 module and TD12 kit I could sell Td12 module on.

Would the pd85 pads of the TD 12 kit be ok?

We could just afford this setup.

Am I being Stupid with this idea?

I have always been a bit musically inclined (Keyboards/Bass)
    This is realising my long time dream of being a drummer!

I am most greatful for any help....

Welcome to the forums!

If I understand you correctly, you would like to buy the td-12 kit, but upgrade to the td-20 modul, keeping the TD-12 pads and rack etc....this has always been my plan, the td-12 pads are good enough for me, but I would like the expansion card, and that means a td.20

So a good plan...however, instead of buying both the td.12 complete with module, and then the td-20 and selling the td-12, cant you negotiate a deal with your shop to upgrade for you? will probably save you a lot of bother and I am sure most shops with good customer service would be delighted to make a package to meet your desires...post us pictures when you have the kit!

good luck with your purchase! And tell your brother he's brilliant...
    my brother doesnt even send me a birthday card!
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Hello Saku!

Thanks for the great response.

This was the kind of reasurance I was hoping for.

Very good idea to negotiate a deal.... however uk shops are not always very good at this kind of thing ( More likely my bartering/negotiation skills are rubbish!!!).

I think my brother is one in a ten million!!

Thanks again and will post you pics when I get it.

Comment

I would get a used td-10 kit and swap the td-10 brain with a td20 module. Very similar to a td20 full set up.

Comment

td20

I bought an entire td20 kit at 1 point piece by piece used. I was lucky as I found all these deals. The td10 idea is good. You could get the vh12 later as well.

Comment

Thomann were doing a creative pack, i have no idea if this is a good deal or not:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/prod_cbundl...1571&art=52476

but the complete 12 bundle is a much better deal: http://www.thomann.de/gb/roland_td12...12bk_vdrum.htm

you can try and make the calculations and use it as a basis of negotiation...i tend to go to my local shop and say 'Thomann is offering me so and so, what is your best?'...they wont go down that far, but i pay a little extra to support local shops where I can test things...
            Last edited by saku; 11-16-08, 11:58 AM.
            TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
            ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
            not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Hybrid kit

Mr.Team,

I could not afford the TD-20 kit and wanted/had to buy a lot of
              other things as well!
              (headphones, mixer, headpnone-amp, double pedal, soundproofing the drumroom etc.)

Space was an issue as well, so the choice for the TD-12 rack was obvious for me.

I bought the TD-12 kit without the TD-12 module but with the TD-20 module.
              I first checked the VH-11 but swapped it for the VH12.
              I added a CY-15 and CY-14 and the cymbalboomarms and a PD-85.

I must admit that I have dealt with a very good musicstore who made this possible.

Saku is right! Thomann looks very flexible to make a good configuration for you.

Good luck,

Steve
              Roland TDW-20/HPD-15/ Korg Wavedrums/Vexpressions
              Vdrumlib.

Comment

Thanks guys for the great input.
                All great ideas.
                I've got a week or two to decide so I'll be thinking over your helpful suggestions.
                I'll keep you posted.

Comment

that would be the way to go buy a td 10 sessions kit used, and buy the td 20 module. you can sell the td 10 module. the pads are almost the same as the ones for the td 20 kit.
                  Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Thanks Jammin I'm now looking into picking up a TD10 from somwhere.

Comment

Hmmm....

I like the idea of the used TD-10 with the TD-20 module to save some coin. Otherwise, why not just go with the entire TD-12 kit (with the TD-12 module)? What will be missing for you in the TD-12 module?

Comment

Working...
                      X