Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trapkat...took the plunge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trapkat...took the plunge!

Since there was no way I could try out the Trapkat (new or old model), and I wanted to minimize the chance of sending anything back (although Alternate Mode as no problem with that), I got some excellent help right here from VDrums.com.
    **Special thanks to Michael Render and Jovato**
    I placed my order for the new (XL) model w/rack and case yesterday and hope to get delivery sometime next week. I have to admit, I'm excited.

All the best,
    StephenJ
    StephenJ
    2-Trapkats / TD12

Let us know how you like it! I am curious about the new pads.
    sigpic

Comment

Yes - let us know how it goes Stephen - we need a bit of variety - what will you use to generate the sounds?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
        Let us know how you like it! I am curious about the new pads.

Hey Mike,

The new pads are very nice. They look and feel like the Mallet KAT pads. I played the new one at PASIC. It is a cool upgrade to the instrument and plays great.

John

Comment

Traded new model for old...

Soon after playing my new Trapkat XL for the first time, I knew that the new style pads weren't for me. Although very comfortable, they were too soft...not enough kick-back. I wound up speaking to one of Alternate Mode's experts out of California. He concluded that the gum-rubber surface would better suite my style of playing. As I mentioned in previous threads, I incorporate a fair amount of press-rolls, ghost notes and the like. As it turned out, Mario agreed to build me a new "old-model" Trapkat. I received delivery in just a couple days and, for me at least, it's much better. I'm still in the programming stage right now, but so far, I'm liking my new toy allot.
          Attached is a photo. I've added supports to the stand for a music stand and my TD-20. I also ordered a bracket from Roland that will allow my Mic boom-stand to telescope into the left stand-upright.

Thanks for your interest,
          StephenJ
          Attached Files
          StephenJ
          2-Trapkats / TD12

Comment

That's a great photo StephenJ,

If I didn't have the gear I've got I would really like one of those - looks like a really good thing to play.

Comment

Originally posted by StephenJ View Post
              Soon after playing my new Trapkat XL for the first time, I knew that the new style pads weren't for me.
              I was worried about that. I love my gum rubber TrapKAT. I have a MalletKAT with the soft triggers and couldn't imagine wanted to play drums on that. Maybe we just ain't subtle people!
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X