Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD9 HiHat Control Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD9 HiHat Control Question

Hello all. I used to play drums/percussion a number of years ago, and I decided to scratch that itch to start playing again. I picked up a Pintech kit along with a used TD9 to get me started. I got everything set up and it all seems to work fine with the exception of the hihat pedal.

I know the TD9 is intended to work with the FD8 and VH11, both of which are variable controls. The pedal that came with my Pintech kit is just a plain open/close switch, and no matter what, I can't get it to register anything on the HHC cable (the hat is always open). I hooked the pedal into the Aux input, and it works fine as a basic trigger there, so I know the pedal itself is working properly. Is there something special I need to do to get this controller to work as the HHC with the TD9? Or should it already work and there might be something wrong with the TD9's HHC cable (or possibly worse)?

I intend to pick up an FD8 pedal in the near future anyways, so hopefully it will be a moot point. But until that happens, I would like to know if there's something wrong with my cable or brain, or if I simply shouldn't expect this particular pedal to work with the TD9. Thanks for your help.

I believe it's the latter: You shouldn't expect that particular pedal to work with the TD-9.

Bruce

Comment

try playing with the "note border" setting for the hihat

this will fix where your "closed" position starts

Comment

Originally posted by davezedlee View Post
        try playing with the "note border" setting for the hihat

this will fix where your "closed" position starts
        That's only available for external sounds via MIDI, and I don't think it would help with a switch-type pedal anyway.

Bruce

Comment

Bruce, thanks for the reply. I checked the cable out with a multimeter and it checks out OK, so I've pretty much come to the same conclusion. The module wants to be hooked up to the right kind of controller. Ordered one last night, so I should hopefully have it in a few days.

Comment

Working...
          X