Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

td-20 & dtxtreme 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• td-20 & dtxtreme 3

can any one tell me what to buy please
    the td-20 or the new dtxtreme 3 module
    it's for triggering my full a to e converted kit
    thanks

We need more information before we can respond. Also, have you used the search button to find more info?
    Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

Td20

I spent alot of time comparing these and prefer the td20 with the tdw20 card. I think you will find the triggering alot better. I almost got the dtxtreme 3. I had the dtxtreme 2 and it was problematic with triggering. It also had strange limitations like you could not eq each drum separately. I am not sure if this is changed in the 3. The 3 has some nice sounds but the recording quality is not that great. The tdw20 is modeled,but has a good amount of depth,dimension and punch.

You can always use software if you want more realistic sounds. The Roland is also great for live PA use.

Peter

Comment

For information on the TD20 research here

For information on the Xtreme 3 go to dtxperience.com

You need to find out the good points and the weak points of each from each of the group of users. Too hard to gleen that from all the fanbay stuff that goes on when you ask about a competing product.

human nature dictates that you wouldnt talk poorly of a product you chose to buy, no one wants to be wrong. Good Luck in your journey and I hope you enjoy whatever you purchase. Tom
        www.EDrumForum.com Going to be strictly a DIY e Drum Community

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=198

Comment

Knipe is right as usual, this being a V-Drums forum, we are bound to tell of the wonders of the TD-20. But they are both fine modules with subtle and not so subtle variations. You won't go wrong with either, but you might tell us more about your conversion and style of music so we convince you to buy Roland... er.... the best module.
          sigpic

Comment

thanks to all
            my converted drums are internal triggers and triggerd real cymbals
            & the music is of course rock
            i just wanted to know if any one had got the dtxreme 3 or tried one & wich is the best to buy

Comment

I have owned both, the new Xtreme 3 is an awesome module. But again there are differences and each appeals to a different type of person. If you ever want to import sounds and new samples and practice with midi then the xtreme 3 is for you. It also workss with mesh heads. If you would like to puchase pre programmed kits and less of a learning curve then the TD 20 is for you. Yamaha is less expensive and offers 3 zone in each input and their pads and cymbals are less expensive. I think mixing is easier done on the TD20 where as the Xtreme 3 is harder to get it right.

I think that each has its strengths and weaknesses, I prefer the Xtreme 3 because I prefer the sampled cymbals sounds and the three zone cymbals. I used to love a few really rich kits that I had in my TD20 from V Expressions. I love mahogany deep and full bodied richness like a good cup of columbian coffee.

My biggest issue with the 20 was always the lack of a vehicle for additional sounds. That may not be an issue to you. I do feel that no matter which one you purchase you will be happy. And beside, half the fun is searching for the answers and doing the needed research prior to purchase. Good Luck, Tom K

Comment

thanks tom

Comment

Originally posted by Peter W View Post
                  I spent alot of time comparing these and prefer the td20 with the tdw20 card. I think you will find the triggering alot better. I almost got the dtxtreme 3. I had the dtxtreme 2 and it was problematic with triggering. It also had strange limitations like you could not eq each drum separately. I am not sure if this is changed in the 3. The 3 has some nice sounds but the recording quality is not that great. The tdw20 is modeled,but has a good amount of depth,dimension and punch.

You can always use software if you want more realistic sounds. The Roland is also great for live PA use.

Peter
                  Yamaha finally got it right, you can eq each sound individually, plus comprehensive effects routing as well as attack, decay, release for each voice. Velocity switching, etc........
                  Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

thank you jr

Comment

i;v read red & red so what should i buy on the weekend the 20 or the 3 come on u guys help please

Comment

Get the TD-20.
                        sigpic

Comment

You can always add sampling to the TD-20 by connecting an SPD-S or another sampler to it....

You can't add the TD-20 features to the Yamaha.

The TD-20 will probably have better resale value than the Yamaha.

I had a play with the Yamaha last week, and whilst it was good I thought it just wasn't quite there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                            You can always add sampling to the TD-20 by connecting an SPD-S or another sampler to it....

You can't add the TD-20 features to the Yamaha.

The TD-20 will probably have better resale value than the Yamaha.

I had a play with the Yamaha last week, and whilst it was good I thought it just wasn't quite there yet.
                            There is a reason you cant add features to the Yamaha, it has every feature. There are none currently left to add.

The resale value will be better but not as much as what you save with the Yamaha initially.

You can add a sampling pad to the TD20 but it will cost you nother 500 dollars.

As long as you want the final opinion DTXTREME 3, that way you will still have money left over to buy a new set of Yamaha cymbals. Good Luck

Comment

I did like the xtreme 3 better than the td20 without the expansion card. I do prefer the td20 with the card over the Yamaha. It is a big difference from a stock td20.

Comment

Working...
                              X