Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD10 - BFD2 - Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD10 - BFD2 - Upgrade

I'm looking to upgrade my TD10, I currently don't use any of the TD10 sounds
    and only use it as a trigger I tend to use BFD2 and Superior 2
    I don't want to shell out for a TD20 that I'm only going to use as a trigger
    but I'd like the hi-hat and improved dynamics, so my question is,

Is there anyway I could just buy the TD20 or TD12 module and the Vh-11 hats and use my current TD10 pads?
    What's the downside to this?

Thanks

Scott

One solution would be the td-9...it has much improved dynamics and hihat over the 3 and the 6...10 is a different line, so i dont know how it compares, but it might be worth your wile to go test one at a shop to see if it has the control and dynamics you want...it would be a cheaper solution, in any case...and yes, you can use the td10 pads with it.....
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Have you considered a midi remapper (loop be)? That's what I use with my exp TD10 and it gives me all the versatility of a VH-11 combined with a TD12/20 brain. Well, probably 90-95%.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
      TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys, it's much appreciated.

S

Comment

Working...
        X