Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love the BBE DI Box !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love the BBE DI Box !!!

Just got to let you all know (some already do) about this active DI box.

I just got it, and MAN what great sound. I usually run my module through a mixer and out to the amp. This does the standard DI box unbalanced to balanced output, with a ground lift. But add in the sonic maximizer, and it is AMAZING. The cymbals shine, and the kick puts out a great punch. Unfortunately, two of these are needed for stereo, and I'm considering getting another...but I got it mostly for live use.
    I see some sites have them on discount around $120-$130.
    This is really good stuff...check it out.
    Last edited by Colquhoun; 11-11-08, 10:38 PM.

Cool......
    Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

That's a really cool idea. I didn't realise they made DI's. The venue I am house engineer at is considering purchasing the PA they now hire (which I spec'd and installed) so I might suggest getting a couple of these. They'd be great for acoustic guitar too

Comment

Wow, they make a 4 unit rack mount. And its only $250. I may need to get that! Thanks for the recommendation.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
          Wow, they make a 4 unit rack mount. And its only $250. I may need to get that! Thanks for the recommendation.
          Cool bananas

Comment

Question On BBE

I just have the BBE 482 Sonic Maximizer, it is just meant to be put in the signal chain on the mixer, just wondering, what does the DI Box give you that my maximizer doesn't? More volume?, should I dump my existing unit and by the BBE 4 Channel DI Maximizer version?

Thanks,
            Bruce.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
              I just have the BBE 482 Sonic Maximizer, it is just meant to be put in the signal chain on the mixer, just wondering, what does the DI Box give you that my maximizer doesn't? More volume?, should I dump my existing unit and by the BBE 4 Channel DI Maximizer version?

Thanks,
              Bruce.....
              I'm sure the maximizer part of the BBE DI boxes provides the same result. What the DI box also does is take the high impedance unbalanced output of the v-drums and converts it to a low impedance balanced signal, which is best for a mixing board. It reduces noise and hum, and you can have a long run of cable without interference, essential for live use to a FOH mix. The ground lift is also helpful in reducing noise.
              Replacing your setup would only be useful if you need a DI box. For me, I wanted the box, and the maximizer was a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Colquhoun View Post
                I'm sure the maximizer part of the DI box provides the same result. What the DI box also does is take the high impedance unbalanced output of the v-drums and converts it to a low impedance balanced signal, which is best for a mixing board. reduces noise and hum, and you can have a long run of cable without interference, essential for live use to a FOH mix. Ground lift is also helpul in reducing noise.
                I was about to post a reply but you put it purrfectly

Comment

Working...
                X