Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-12 (VDrum) Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-12 (VDrum) Speakers

So I have a mint Roland TDA 700 amp that came with the TD-12 kit that I purchased from a local church.... evidently it did not meet their expectations for their applications and needs. This thing is pretty much new with the tags and everything still on it. I thought of it as a bonus really since I was obviously more interested in the TD-12 kit and the amp just happened to come with it.... I got it all for $2K (in awesome condition no less).

However, I have since purchased ATH-M50 cans and needless to say the cans sound SOOO much better than the large amp. What I mean basically is the clarity and crispness of the high-hat and each defining stroke on the drums is much better in my cans. With that said, is there a better suited external sound system than the TDA700 for clarity and quality over volume? I don't care much that it can blow the windows out of my home studio, rather, that it produces a sound more like my cans with the better clarity. Would the PM-30 be a better system with better quality/clarity for my bedroom size studio over the TDA 700 amp? I do not need to gig with it or anything.... just looking for some better external sound to share when I have visitors. And, if I cant get a better sound for around $600 US then forget it I guess.

TIA for any thoughts or opinions.

Anyone? Anything?

Comment

you might try picking up a pair of used JBL EON15 g2's. I have a pair and they are great

Comment

You may want to look into getting a BBE sonic maximizer. I just bought a BBE DI box that has the maximizer included, and the sound from my PM-30 monitor came to life. The cymbals are really much brighter and crisper, and the kick is even more punchy and deep. Careful, though....it is easy to over-do it with the thing
        If you do a search on this forum for "sonic maximizer" there are a number of threads about it. Here's one of the more recent:http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38490

Comment

jbl

The jbl prx series are amazing,but expensive. Qsc powered speakers are very good. I have an ok sound with a jbl eon10 and a qsc 15" sub. I find that a 10 or 12" speaker is fine if you have a sub. It actually has a bit better definition.

Comment

Originally posted by Colquhoun View Post
            You may want to look into getting a BBE sonic maximizer. I just bought a BBE DI box that has the maximizer included, and the sound from my PM-30 monitor came to life. The cymbals are really much brighter and crisper, and the kick is even more punchy and deep. Careful, though....it is easy to over-do it with the thing
            If you do a search on this forum for "sonic maximizer" there are a number of threads about it. Here's one of the more recent:http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38490
            I am VERY interested in learning more about the BBE sonic maximizer. After reading your post I searched the forums and everything appeared to be positive regarding the BBE. Do you think this would help with the Roland TDA700 amp at all? I'm sure it is a known/common issue where the sound out of nice headphones is much better and clearer than the amp.... I am just trying to get my amp to have more definition of notes rather than the sound that they are almost blended together. When I do 32nd notes on my high-hat they sound really defined and perfect tap sounding in my cans (ATH-M50) but sound almost blended together with no real definition through the amp. While the amp can be loud and powerful, it does not have a crisp quality that the cans offer. I don't care much for the loud volume in just a small bedroom studio, rather, a nice clear quality sound.

Think the BBE will help in this situation?

Thanks so much!

Comment

I would say that it will certainly help. However, the amout it will help depends on:
              1. your expectations about how much it will improve.
              2. how much the amp can handle.

Again, I'm sure it'll help, but by how much....

Comment

eq

The maximizer could be good but it sounds like you need a decent EQ. Even the behringer 31 band is ok. Just keep adjusting the eq until it sounds like the headphones.

Comment

Working...
                X