Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on Factory Settings on the SPD-S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Factory Settings on the SPD-S

I just recently got my Roland SPD-S yesturday that I bought from Musicians Friend on dent and scratch. I guess a previous customer returned it because the when I go to see how much internal memory is left on it, it says 28 seconds, and when I go to use the phaser maker, when it is processing what I just done it says "Memory Full". My question is when I use the Restoring the Factory Settings Using the Accompanying CD and Restoring Patches and Waves to the Factory Settings. Will it clear everything in the internal memory, like it is when I buy it new?
    Drummer 4 Him,

Ron

Yes, the factory reset procedure using a CF card would restore everything to "like new". But I don't think you need to do that, as yours is probably "like new" right now. Only 28 seconds left for user stuff is exactly right for a brand new SPD-S because it has limited internal memory of only 16MB (compared with up to 32 times that amount on a CF card). The preset waves use up most of that, but even if you deleted all of them you'd only get 360 seconds (compared with more than 10,000 seconds on a CF card). For PhraseMaker, you can opt for CF storage instead of internal memory if you select DST (destination) on the RESAMPLE page and press CARD; which will store it with a c001-500 number, not i001-399. So pressing CARD before you get "Memory Full" should be all that you need to do.

Bruce
    Last edited by BarT; 11-08-08, 03:38 PM.

Comment

I dumped most of the pre sets on my spds ....so I could load with samples of my own. I did not save them to a cf card. How do I reset to original factory sounds?

Comment

Originally posted by Highwaytohell View Post
        How do I reset to original factory sounds?
        Go to the SPD-S page on the Roland US site. Under the Downloads tab is a Factory Restore file. Instructions are in your manual.
        VDrums: a cluster of bits including TDW-20 and TD-3 modules, KD-85, PD-85(2), PD-8(5), CY-12(3), CY-8(2), CY-5(3), Kit Toys china, all on an MDS-6SL+ rack, SPD-S, VEX, VDL
        ZDrums: a Zendrum ZCSZX
        ADrums: an eight piece Tama Rockstar kit with lots o' Zildjians
        Gender-Conflicted Drums: a stock PDP Chameleon with a few Zildjians (a conversion just waiting to happen... then it can go both ways!)

Comment

There are some factory preset patches, sounds, audio, wave on the spd-s that I will never use. Can I delete them off of the SPD-S so that I can put the SPD-S what I really need to sample into it?
          Drummer 4 Him,

Ron

Comment

Yes. Deleting patches won't save much room, but I would still delete those first. Then if you use WAVE, EDIT, WAVE INFO it will tell you whether a particular wave is still being used in any patch. Notice that patches 1 to 47 are repeated at 82 to 128, so you would need to delete a patch in two places to lose it completely. You will have to switch off WAVE PROTECT by holding down WAVE and SETUP at power on before you start deleting waves with WAVE, EDIT, WAVE DELETE. Deleting waves, especially the longer stereo samples, will go some way towards getting the maximum 360 seconds (standard, mono) of your own samples in internal memory.

Bruce
            Last edited by BarT; 11-10-08, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
              Yes. Deleting patches won't save much room, but I would still delete those first.
              How do I delete the patches?
              Drummer 4 Him,

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by rbdrums View Post
                How do I delete the patches?
                PATCH, EDIT, PATCH INIT.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
                X