Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hart Dynamics ECymbals with Roland TD-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hart Dynamics ECymbals with Roland TD-20

Hi,
    I am new to the V-drums, and I saw quite amazing cymbals from Hart Dynamics (Gold finish). I am looking for a small 8-9'' Splash cymbal for my TD-20 set.

Will it work with TD-20 if I purchase one of those ECymbals from Hart?

anyone has experience with this?

It will definitely work. Hart design their stuff to work with all Roland modules, as they don't make modules themselves.
    Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Thanks for a prompt reply.
      Does anyone have any suggestion for a model of ECymbal I should purchase? As I said, I am looking for a splash (maybe upto 10'').
      Are they delivered with a stand, or do I have to purchase this separately, to install the cymbal on a TD-20?

Comment

You'll need to buy an arm and rack clamp separately, as for which to get then...

http://www.hartdynamics.com/products/ecymbal/index.html

Take a look at those. They do a nice 10" in the Ecymbal II range, or if you want Black cymbals, the studio version is the same.

Comment

Make sure you get the metal Hart ecymbals.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
          TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

You want the ECII-10B.
            -Coop

Roland TDW-20 Module VEX'd, Boss FS-6, two DW 9900 holding four Pintech Concertcast toms, Hart Dynamics Pro Snare on DW 9300, Hart Dynamics ECymbal II HiHat on EPedal II, Hart 14" Crash, 12"crash, 14"China, 16"ride on 4X DW 9700 , Pintech DingBat, Roland KD-120, Tama Iron Cobra doubles, Pork Pie Big Boy Throne (Camo).

Comment

Originally posted by grog View Post
              Make sure you get the metal Hart ecymbals.

Oh yes, not the polymer abominations!

Comment

Originally posted by KevH View Post
                Amen to that, brother. Amen.
                >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Originally posted by KevH View Post
                  Abominations......that made me laugh. Strong word for them, but I have to agree!
                  Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
                  "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

One problem with Hart is that their splash is mono with just one zone .... and the TD20 inputs support dual-zone pads. I have set up here a CY8 as my splash: I have a "regular" splash assigned to the edge .. and a more cup like/smaller splash sound assigned to the bow... works great .

Pim
                    Roland TD50, Roland PM30 and KC 550 Studio Capture /Dell XPS I7 32GB RAM Reaper,Superior Drummer,BFD3 (all exp. packs),SSD5 Ezdrummer 2, XLN Addictive Drums

Comment

Did someone say Hart? ii

Get them, love them. ii

Comment

The ECII10B is the metal one. You need a clamp and boom arm as well yes. If you like the quiet cymbals you already have you may want to rethink this and look at a Roland CY-8 or CY-5.
                        www.rmcaudiodirect.com

http://www.myspace.com/rmcaudio

Comment

Whoa, wait a sec.

Did you mean that those ECII10B are loud, as normal metal cymbals? I was almost sure that you didn't hear too much acoustic sound from them. Or am I mistaken?

Experts?

thanks for the replies, by the way!

Comment

The Hart rubber pads on their metal cymbals are loud(ER) than the Roland cymbals (or their Yamaha equivalents). That isn't to say they're loud as in "whacking frisbee" loud but the noise level is a bit higher and a bit different.

And you don't hear any acoustic sound from them, if by that you mean the sound of an accoustic cymbal. If you hit a stick on the metal part of a Hart metal cymbal, all you get is the sound of a stick hitting a piece of metal, ie. no acoustic cymbal sound.

TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Deicide5997 View Post
                              Whoa, wait a sec.

Did you mean that those ECII10B are loud, as normal metal cymbals? I was almost sure that you didn't hear too much acoustic sound from them. Or am I mistaken?

Experts?

thanks for the replies, by the way!
                              No, no, no. The Hart metals give a dull thud when struck. Like grog said, they are definitely quieter than the the plastic cymbals. What Erik was saying, if I may interpret Erik, is that the Roland rubber cymbals are quieter than the Hart metals, although I will add that quieter is in the ear of the beholder. I personally don't think they are significantly quieter than the Harts, but they are quieter. To get an idea of how loud they are, go check Smartrigger's website. There is a video there showing a product demonstration and it will give you a pretty good idea. Keep in mind, that the Harts will be somewhat quieter as they have a rubber pad on them...Smartriggers don't. DISCLAIMER: This is in no way an endorsement of Smartrigger!

http://www.smartrigger.com/products.html
                              Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
                              "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X