Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's so quiet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's so quiet

Congrats on the TD9!
    I know zippydedooda about the KRK speakers but you mentioned you plugged them into the TD9 inputs. Shouldn't they be plugged itno the TD9 outputs?
    TD9 Frankenkit

Comment

Congrats on the TD-9KX, it's great! Be sure to check out the VEX kits, they really make it rock! And try a VH-11 when you're ready: it's my best investment after buying the TD-9KX in April this year.

And to address your problem: my guess would be the low volume output of the TD-9. You probably meant you connected them to the output jacks otherwise you wouldn't have any sound at all. Were the KRK's connected directly to the TD-9 in the showroom or through a mixer, amp or something like that?

What kind of KRK G2's did you buy, the RP-5's? I have the RP-8's myself and did a little test: I connected one KRK directly to the TD-9 output and another through my mixer and set both volumes to max: the difference is striking, the TD-9 has a rather low output. BTW: The size of your room may also have influence.

My advice would be to try setting up a mixer between your TD-9 and the KRK's. There's no reason why they should sound worse than in the store.

Good luck!

Comment

Congrats from me too, as a fellow td-9er...I dont know either how appropriate the monitors are, and assume you meant outputs, not inputs...however, I think that unless you have the volume at serious annoy-the-neighbours-in-the-next-county level, you are going to hear the acoustic click...that is the main advantage of closed headphones....
        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

By the way: I had the same problem when using the headphones output directly (you can UTFSE (search) for that thread here on vdrums.com). You can also try boosting up the kits volumes to the max. And the VEX kits are louder than the standard kits.

Comment

Thanks for all of the replies,

Yes i meant the outputs not the inputs.

I'm not to sure if the store had them connected through a mixer but the sub-woofer thing which flaps about (as you can tell i know diddilie-squat) was going crazy in the store and it barely moves when i'm using it.

I think the model number is RP5G-2.

Thanks again,

Pompalomp

P.S How would i boost the kit volume as mentioned in the post below
            Last edited by Pompalomp; 11-01-08, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pompalomp View Post
              P.S How would i boost the kit volume as mentioned in the post below
              It's not a lot of difference, but you can try pressing F1, F2 and then F3 at the main screen to set the 'kit volume' to the max (100) and, then pressing F1, tweak the individual volume settings.

What do you mean by sub-woofer: the yellow woofer of the KRK? Or was an additional speaker attached in the showroom?

Comment

Ok i changed the kit volume and i fiddled with the sensitivity and it's alot louder now.

I meant the sub woofer built into the KRK

Regards,

Pompalomp

Comment

I'm glad it's better now. Still, putting a mixer between your TD-9 and KRK's will make a big improvement.

BTW: the yellow woofer of the KRK is just called a woofer, not a sub-woofer (a 'sub' is a speaker built to produce low sounds, take a look here)

Comment

Ok,

Thanks for all of the hlep,

How much does a mixer cost?

Regards,

Pompalomp

Comment

As much as you're willing to spend. Where do you live? For some ideas, take a look here.

Comment

The 1/4" inputs on KRK Rokit G2 monitors are intended for balanced connections (and they have RCA inputs for unbalanced connections). What type of cable are you using?

Bruce

Comment

Thanks again fore the replies,

I live in england so i would have to order a mixer from a UK site.

A have decided to return the speakers and exchange them for a single more powerful speaker.

Thanks again,

Pompalomp

Comment

OK, that may be fine what you want it for, which seems to be banging on your TD-9. I use my KRK's to create music on my PC and listen to music. I use my headphones and a Roland PM-10 while playing on my TD-9. And I use the KRK's again to listen to recordings of my drum and keyboard recordings. It all depends what you want it for.

Perhaps studio monitors aren't meant for playing live. They reproduce great sounds at low and high levels for monitoring, but a PA monitor seems to be better while playing. Anyone want to comment on that?

Comment

Eric b,

Actually i am thinking about getting the 6" version of the KRK to see if they have a bit more oomph.

I would be mainly using them for practicing with my band which is why i would like them to be fairly loud.

Regards,

Pompalomp

Comment

Working...
                              X