Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darn hot spots!!! (TD12 and PD125)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darn hot spots!!! (TD12 and PD125)

Just got my TD12 module and PD125 snare yesterday. I set up the snare without the module last night and loved the feel of the pads. This evening I hooked up the snare to the module and started playing. Loved the sensitivity and sound until I found the "hot spot". I cannot believe that this problem exists, given how expensive these drums are.

I searched through the threads and tried some of the trigger settings and it did improve some but it still was there. I don't want to have to change the settings for each individual kit and I can't accept trying to hit another spot on the head. Also, I don't want to tune away all of the dynamic range on the drum to get rid of it. I am ready to pack these up and send them back.

I am major bummed out. I would love to see some settings that folks have used with the td12 and pd125 that fix this problem completely. Your assistance is much appreciated!

Thanks,

-G

I don't have a solution because I don't really find it is a problem... maybe it's just the way I play or the fact that I don't crank the amp up to very high levels, but I don't notice the hot spot (or at least rarely seem to hit it).

Comment

I assume you followed the links I provided a day or three ago in another thread? Seriously, if you try *all* of the tweaks provided by me and gingerbaker, you'll get rid of the hot spot.

If not, work on compression and sensitivity settings.

I found that you can't really cherry pick from the settings we provide. You need to do the whole enchilada to get rid of the hot spot.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
      TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Working...
      X