Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

swapping V's...for SG????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swapping V's...for SG????

Yup!

I never thought it would happen...but being the front man of my band has taken me away from my tubs... now I'm one of "THOSE" guys... meaning guitarist..or at least a hopeful guitarist.

I can play a few chords and strum along here and there...but the more I screw around with it the more I LOVE IT!

-This is my new baby... (trying to figure out how to add a hihat/snare/bd pad to it..LOL)

It's bought...now I'm having a few things done to it by my buddy.. -different tuners.."might" change the bridge pickup..not sure about that.

Anyway.. I'm still one of us.. but one of "them" now too.

I might be causing a Galatic Imbalance here and that's got me a tad worried. Just imagine.. a guitar player..that can keep time!!!

E
    - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Wait, do we know you?
    Congrats on your new baby, very nice indeed!
    See my E and A and A kits here:
    http://vdrums.com/forum/showpost.php...65&postcount=3

Comment

Originally posted by db2rules View Post
      Wait, do we know you?
      ...and You are..??

E
      - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Originally posted by evil1rox View Post
        I'm still one of us.. but one of "them" now too.
        He's one of THEM! He's one of THEM!!!

Quick, someone, put a stake through his heart! Or is it a silver bullet? I can never keep those straight!
        >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

No, put a drum stick thru his heart!

Bob
          TD-12, TD-8, SPD-S, and a whole bunch of various triggers! ALL Roland stuff :)

Comment

I went the other way...I was one of them...actually still am, but now play drums as well. My advice...keep the V's and still get the SG. Certainly doesn't hurt to be great at both!! I actually became the drummer since dealing with drummers is a pain in the a$$...just kidding as I picture V(ader) and Bobo jamming a VF through my heart.
            My Kit's Evolution Pics...

Comment

E, that's an absolutely beautiful axe!! Nice work man, I can hardly blame you for swapping sides- many a man has been lead astray by lesser guitars than that! Love the 3 pickup look dude, very classy.. Now all you need is all gold hardware and you'll be a proverbial guitar GOD!!
              "Today young men on acid realised that all matter is purely energy condensed to a slow vibration; That we are all of one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively; There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves.. Here's Tom with the weather"...

TD-20 + TMC-6 + VF-1 + Gen16's = Not enough inputs.
              Watch me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLqt6zaAYkY

Comment

Originally posted by The Source View Post
                E, that's an absolutely beautiful axe!! Nice work man, I can hardly blame you for swapping sides- many a man has been lead astray by lesser guitars than that! Love the 3 pickup look dude, very classy.. Now all you need is all gold hardware and you'll be a proverbial guitar GOD!!

-well godhood aside.. I love it! Not very good yet...but getting better. Eventually I'll be refinishing and making the finish a red lacquer...as all SG's should be. LOL.

The white is pretty cool though. I'm surprised how much I dig it.

-by the way... for a cheaper version, the Epiphone G-400 almost got bought by me. The neck feels good.. Grover tuners... decent sound and about half the price. Can't speak to the intonation and how quickly it goes out as I only screwed with it for an hour or so at the store...but even my buddy that's been playing for 15 yrs was pretty impressed with it.

E

Comment

I would pop in a Seymour Duncan JB pickup and get that classic syrupy crunch sound. And Sperzel tuners. Those are my favorite.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think that white looks great on an SG -- perhaps especially three pickup ones. It's a classic look.

My [two pick up] SG is red, and looks good, but instantly generates an "All right! Angus!" from everyone, lol.

Comment

Congrats on the SG. I had one myself in the past. (wish I'd kept it, I got another one later, but it wasn't the same) Playing more than one instrument helps you realize that there's a band playing a song, not just a drummer or a guitar player.

I never quite "got" the faded worn ( or duplicate the wear and tear on replica of someone's guitar, for example, Andy Summers' Tele). I've earned my wrinkles and your guitar should earn it's wear and nicks. If I bought a replica model, I'd want it perfectly new to start, it could fade in or wear on it's own. I'd want it made to be as close as possible to the original.

Nitpicking aside on the finish, enjoy the SG. They're an awesome guitar.
                      Michael

TD-12/Gibraltar rack/Pintech Concertcast drums 12" snare, 1 12" tom, 2 10" toms, 8" mesh kick, Visulite cymbals, 14" dual zone crash, 13" hi-hat, 18" 3 zone ride and 2 Dingbats, Roland PM-10, iPod, Zildjian anti-vibe sticks, Roc-N-Soc throne with backrest, Yamaha snare stand, Tama Iron Cobra pedal and HH75W hi-hat stand, Sennheiser HDR 110 wireless headphones. V-expressions 80's and 90's Giggin' Kits and Both Top 50 drummers (hopefully functional soon)

Comment

Working...
                      X