Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got attacked...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got attacked...

...by GAS!

I went to the music store today and guess what: I came home with a VH-11 and Gibraltar hihat stand ! From the beginning I didn't like the CY-5 as a hihat (did I mention that anytime here?) and the VH-11 is a big, big improvement to me. Really: it's great! I'm using the CY-5 as a crash now, it's fine for that.

So, it's gonna be a great weekend!

stop planting gas seeds in my head..im not buying anything else. im just gonna go to the music store to look , that's all..

Comment

You guys gave an idea how to spend my morning tomorrow
      me too is gonna go to the music store just for a pair of....sticks
      where's my visa ?
      Ex E-kits:
      ''Lernean Hydra'' ( a bounche of roland pads with a td-6 module)
      ''Lucy'' (Diamond electronic drums with a td-12 module)
      current E-kit
      ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

A-kit
      " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

check out a few videos http://www.youtube.com/user/hampisdrums

Comment

Eric_B.

I also did the same thing a few months ago and let me tell you, you will absolutely love the VH11 over the CY-5 in terms of playability.....there's just no comparison.

The VH-11 comes as close to the real thing.

Congrats.....what's going to be your next purchase?

Comment

Hi eric, I think you will also love the CY-5 as a splash - seems to be made for that.

Comment

Stop it, guys, just stop it!! I already have that VH-11 seed planted in my fool head and I've been trying like mad to convince myself that the CY-5 is just fine. Sigh. I'm doomed.
            Roland TD-20 Expanded, Yamaha Recording Custom accoustic drums, 7 piece w/ 5 cymbals, DW2000 double kick pedal, RT-10 triggers, SPD-S
            http://www.gabbleratchet.com
            http://www.myspace.com/gabbleratchet

Comment

Hi gabbleratchet,

'fraid I can't comment on the VH-11 but the VH-12 is excellent ......hehehehehe

Comment

Hercules, I"m gonna barbecue your a**!
                Roland TD-20 Expanded, Yamaha Recording Custom accoustic drums, 7 piece w/ 5 cymbals, DW2000 double kick pedal, RT-10 triggers, SPD-S
                http://www.gabbleratchet.com
                http://www.myspace.com/gabbleratchet

Comment

Originally posted by VDrummerBoy View Post
                  Eric_B.

I also did the same thing a few months ago and let me tell you, you will absolutely love the VH11 over the CY-5 in terms of playability.....there's just no comparison.

The VH-11 comes as close to the real thing.

Congrats.....what's going to be your next purchase?
                  Wow, I really like the VH-11. Should have bought it earlier!

Let's see what's next on my wishlist: double bass pedal and another tom (probably get a PD-125 to use as a snare and use the PD-105 as a tom). That's probably all for short term. I want to expand my kit as I grow as a drummer, not vice versa.

Comment

Eric_B.

What do you currently have as snare and tom? When I bought my td6-kv, it came with 1 mesh pad only - PD-105 as the snare but within a few months, I upgraded my snare to the pd-125, moved the pd-105 to the bass tom and upgraded the 2 toms to pd-85.

I've got all mesh pads and do prefer them over the rubber toms.

It looks like you are following the same path as me...

Comment

Cool on the upgrade eric! I've heard nothing but good things about that VH-11.

You know, this GAS thing is bad. I've notice that several of the recent new members to the board have said, "I just got a TD-20!" Now, this is bugging me a bit as I have been edrumming now for about 3 years and I don't have a TD-20. I am using a TD-12 that I have been totally happy with. Yet, when you combine all these new edrummers starting out with a TD-20 with all the talk about the TD-20 expansion card, I am now feeling that I am missing out on something very important even though I don't play in a band or record or anything anymore. I just play for my own pleasure and jam with friends! I don't NEED this upgrade, yet I MUST have it! It never ends!
                      Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
                      "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Congrats on the bout of GAS. Fullback32 just give in to your indegestion.
                        www.rmcaudiodirect.com

http://www.myspace.com/rmcaudio

Comment

Originally posted by VDrummerBoy View Post
                          Eric_B.

What do you currently have as snare and tom? When I bought my td6-kv, it came with 1 mesh pad only - PD-105 as the snare but within a few months, I upgraded my snare to the pd-125, moved the pd-105 to the bass tom and upgraded the 2 toms to pd-85.

I've got all mesh pads and do prefer them over the rubber toms.

It looks like you are following the same path as me...
                          My TD-9KX came with one PD-105 and three PD-85's. I'm happy I went with all mesh when I bought the kit.

Originally posted by Fullback32 View Post
                          Cool on the upgrade eric! I've heard nothing but good things about that VH-11.
                          ...I don't NEED this upgrade, yet I MUST have it! It never ends!
                          Thanks Fullback! And I guess GAS may never end once you get struck by it!

Comment

Hi Eric, I'm on the same plan.
                            over time, I'll have the pd125 as a snare and move the 105 over to the right side. Hopefully I can cram a second 105 on the same rack extension.

Either that or grab an MDS-12 stand and opt for 4 X pd105's and 1 pd125 for the snare.

How do you like your VH-11 ????
                            TD-9KX 3 X PD-125/ 2 X PD-105/ 4 X PD-85/KD-85/KD-120/KD-8/Cy-5/cy-8/3 X cy12R/C and 1 CY15R 2 X CY14C and a good ol VH-11!

Comment

Hi RC, the VH-11 is just great. And having the CY-5 as an extra crash is just what it's meant for (I think).

I also like the thought of having 4 PD-105's for toms, but for now I cannot justify the upgrade from the PD-85's would cost. And what to do with PD-85's?

Comment

Working...
                              X