Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I sell my Td-10 w/exp and get Td-9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I sell my Td-10 w/exp and get Td-9?

Anyone have an input on this? I would like to have full use of my vh-11 and have updated music options. I dont have a midi-usb cable where as the td-9 has usb option which I have a cable for. Does the td-9 have the same instrument building as the td-10? Does it have the cosm technology? Thanks

Brian

first of all, buying a different cable is going to be a lot cheaper than buying a module, so i dont think that should be a factor in your decision...

the nine does NOT have cosm technology...it does have a very good set of initial sounds, many feel are better right out of the box than the older td 12/20 sound set...but has very limited tweakability...
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

... and a TD-9 doesn't use a USB cable for anything, only a USB flash drive. Use of your VH-11 would not be any more full with a TD-9 than a TD-10.

Bruce
      Last edited by BarT; 10-27-08, 08:51 AM. Reason: (missed out a not!)

Comment

So with the flash drive you can't upload music or vex kits?

Comment

SAKU -

I would sell my td-10 and get the td-9. Its an even exchange on ebay. How do you like yours? Have you ever used a td-10? How is the sensitivity with ghost notes and buzz rolls? The NAMM demo makes it look and sound so good.

Comment

you can use the usb connection to upload vexpacks...I download them onto my mp3 player, and then plug the player into the td-9 very handy...

I initially had a td 6, and the 9 is SO much better at dynamics and rolls...I cant compare it to the 10, but the 10 is a higher end module BUT several generations ago...you cant upload music onto the 9, but you can play .wav files (and only wav files!) through the USB connection, or mp3 (or anything else) through the mix in connector...

if you already have a 10, i would recomment you going to a shop and trying out the 9, to see, or rather hear, what you think---

good luck!
            TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
            ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
            not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

thanks bud. I will check it out!

Comment

Working...
              X