Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MDS 20 stand will not sit level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDS 20 stand will not sit level

I just got a td-20 kit that was a display model. It had not been taken care of. I cannot get the side legs of the mds-20 to sit level. I have all the arrows on the rack on the top pointing at the center of the clamp. The side arms are on a downward angle.
    Let me know if there are any suggestions.
    Peter

Thoose right angle T clamps on the rack are not the best product at all to begin with. Honestly, I think the wole rack is designed to be un-level on the side bars which is the only conclusion I came to after spending almost 4 hours one night trying everything I could to level it out.

Probabaly not the answer you're looking for but the only way to quickly and easily fix that is in replacing all the clamps with gibraltars right angle clamps which would set you back about $80-100.

I put some Gibraltars on the right side rack and the bars are perfectly level now and it's a MUCH stronger product all around for this application.

Here's a link to a seach of that item.
    http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...num=1&ct=title
    My Setup: Converted Pacific A to E, DW5000 Accelerator double pedal, Ahead sticks, Presonus Firepod, Denon DN-HP1000 headphones, HP Pavilion DV9000 laptop running Drumkit from Hell Solo, Sonar Producer.

Comment

have you tried loosening the ones that seem to be the main reason for it not going where you want and giving it a kind of twist? I moved my hi hat to the middle the other week and then my rack wouldn't go back together squarely, but after a bit of loosening and twisting etc it all went back !

Comment

I had that rack and the clamps are angled ...a pain in the @#$. I sold mine!
        www.myspace.com/tongueingrooveTd 20 Purple Fade V Session Cy15, 2x Cy14, Cy8, Asi+ Crown k2 amps, BBE max. Legion 15's, Madison 18 subs, Tama,Yamaha hardware.
        Your never as good or bad as you think you are !

Comment

hmm on further thought i dont actually have the mds 20 anyway, never mind!

Comment

The bottom line is that the T-Fittings are made so the horizontal tubes are at an angle. If this is the problem you are having, you can't do much about it.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X