Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mounting hardware for an old alesis d4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting hardware for an old alesis d4

Hi vdrum people!

anyhow, I have an old legacy alesis d4 drum module with 12 triggers on the back. I want to add it to my td9kx. The problem I'm having is trying to find a mounting kit to put it on the rack.

The unit is a 19" rackmount with ears and is about 5" deep and 1 3/4" high (1U)

Is here some sort of mounting kit out there?

Note: I did use the search feature with "alesis d-4" but the cull was too large and I couldn't seem to thin it out witout loosing it all (500 matches)

Thanks
    RJ
    TD-9KX 3 X PD-125/ 2 X PD-105/ 4 X PD-85/KD-85/KD-120/KD-8/Cy-5/cy-8/3 X cy12R/C and 1 CY15R 2 X CY14C and a good ol VH-11!

Hart Dynamics makes hardware for attaching a D4 to a rack. I just used a standard Roland module mount velcro'd to the bottom of the D4. It worked fine.

Comment

Thanks JoeB;

Thats an interesting way to do it , do you find it to be pretty stable? I would consider doing that.

cheers
      rj
      TD-9KX 3 X PD-125/ 2 X PD-105/ 4 X PD-85/KD-85/KD-120/KD-8/Cy-5/cy-8/3 X cy12R/C and 1 CY15R 2 X CY14C and a good ol VH-11!

Comment

hey Joeb;

How do you find the d4 running on Roland pads?
        does it track fairly well ??

I am currently upgrading my kit, and thought I would pull the d4 module out of the midi rack and put it on the drum kit. I have yet to get it all plugged in yet ( or even tested with the pads )and wondered how the unit performed.

I really want it to pick up some trigger inputs, I'n not to concerned about the interal sounds.

Thanks RJ

Comment

Thats an interesting way to do it , do you find it to be pretty stable? I would consider doing that.
          Pretty stable. I wouldn't use it to hold up a six pack of beer or anything.

How do you find the d4 running on Roland pads?
          does it track fairly well ??
          Tracking is fine with Roland pads. Sensitivity/dynamic range is lame compared to the newer modules. Should work fine for extra inputs, though. The D4 was actually my first foray into e-drumming five or six years ago. I've upgraded modules a couple of times since then and donated the D4 and the rubber pads to a needy nephew.

Comment

Actually the beer is in the cooler to the left of the Hi Hat LOL !!!!

Thanks for the info, I basically want to set the d4 up for some additional crash and china cymbals.

I used to run then D4 just as a midi module from my editing software but it would take ages to get stuff programmed in. In the end it sounded to mechanical. But since I had the module I though I could get the additional triggers going. I'll have to find the old manual, I think the 1/4" trigger jacks are just mono plugs. I was hoping to map them over to a cy-14c but I guess I'll have to split the stereo plug into 2 mono plugs so I can feed 2 triggers on the d4 one for edge one for bow.

cheers
            RJ

Comment

Working...
            X