Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sound processors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound processors

I'm new to the board and I have a V-Sessions kit which is awesome in its own right but I hear some people talking about a sound processor that inhances the td-10. What is it and what will it do for me? Thanks, Rick
    ps-I did a search in the archieves and found nothing of value.
    VSessions2

www.thirteenx.com

It's the famed 3 letters followed by 3 numbers:

BBE xxx

Search for BBE and you'll find a lot more. Of course there are other "sonic enhancer" type modules out there... but I own a BBE and love it.
    Gabe Kangas
    DM5, D4, PD80R, CY-15, CY-6, Visu-lite Ride, DauZ's, Random Pintech stuff, BBE 362.

www.spasticsrecords.com/real-ity

Comment

Originally posted by VSessions2 :
      ...ps-I did a search in the archieves and found nothing of value.
      Hmmmmmm, maybe you should try the search again. I know there's a ton of stuff in here.

----
      -~

Comment

Marc.,

Not all posts survived the great bulletin board migration, so the xlnt search function you always talk about is of lesser value now.

A sound processor like the BBE will add some artificial frequencies to your sound. Some people like it because it can freshen up the sound. Other members don't hear a single sh...
        Also realize that the differences (effects from such gear) will be larger when playing at home / in a studio than live.

I think it's better to start tweaking with the Roland module first. There is plenty tone control, room settings, compressor. Esp. with the TDW-1 update on which the compressors are better than on the unexpanded TD-10. Next: get a good sound system with EQ control. A sound can be improved considerably with just a bit of EQ. This is what other members on this board showed me. And I found out they were right, lately.

If all that still doesn't meet your sound: then you can consider investing in BBE's, Exciters and things like that.
        Robert

Comment

Originally posted by puttenvr :
          Marc.,
          Not all posts survived the great bulletin board migration, so the 'xlnt search function' you always talk about is of lesser value now.
          Hoo-hah! Harold, you always bring a smile to my face. Go back and look at my post a little more carefully. (got it yet?)

Oh, my sides hurt, can somebody please give Rob a clue? thnx ...

Comment

I find a BBE is worth it. $99 on musiciansfriend and it gives new life to your sound. But I definately agree that you should get the sound as good as you can, and be happy with it before you add something like that. It's not a "make sound gooder" device. It enhances what's there. What's the phrase.... Sh*t in Sh*t out.

For an idea, you can download the directx plugin version of BBE from the net. It's only a demo, but it'll give you the idea of what it can do. Listen to it with the plugin, then listen to it without. You'll probably recite the words I did... "It sounded like that?"

Gabe
            Gabe Kangas
            DM5, D4, PD80R, CY-15, CY-6, Visu-lite Ride, DauZ's, Random Pintech stuff, BBE 362.

www.spasticsrecords.com/real-ity

Comment

Working...
            X