Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CY14 Rubber replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CY14 Rubber replacement

I made the dreaded mistake of buying a used CY-14 off ebay without properly reading the listing (I know)....thing is it popped up just before I went to bed last night and the price was irresistable

However after hitting the 'buy it now'. I read the item listing through and it mentioned there is wear to the rubber - there is a photo and most of the rubber ridges have gone around the playing area. The seller states this does not affect performance and it is fully functional.

Purely from an aesthetic point of view however, can you get replacement rubber coveings for v-cymbals if it turns out to be too bad?

Thanks
    Damian Blunt
    Toontrack Quality Assurance Manager
    TD-20 RMP-12 (Snare) PD-125, 2 x PD-105, 1 x KD-120, VH-12, CY-15R, CY-14, CY-12R/C, 2 x CY-8, CY-5, MDS-12C

Just got an email back from Roland spares.....the whole playing surface would need to be replaced at a cost of £109 !

Just hope it's not too bad...and I'll learn from my mistakes
    Damian Blunt
    TD-20 RMP-12 (Snare) PD-125, 2 x PD-105, 1 x KD-120, VH-12, CY-15R, CY-14, CY-12R/C, 2 x CY-8, CY-5, MDS-12C

Comment

Late night (spl)urges

Hey, when there's a good price next to a Buy It Now, we're all guilty from time to time... Think it was a pretty fair price for the item, but know what you mean about liking things to be right in terms of both feel, and look.

Comment

I put it in the classified section - got no interest but I'm pleased now as I've got it set-up and it's playing great...I'm not hitting on the worn area so hopefully it'll keep going strong for some time. I've noticed it is more sensitive than my CY-8's and feels more robust...so overall I feel like I got a decent deal..

P.S. got your PM
        Damian Blunt

Comment

Working...
        X