Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum FAQs section for answers to forum related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ddrum Red Shot / pintech triggers

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ddrum Red Shot / pintech triggers

Anyone have experience with these?

Shop for the ddrum Red Shot 5-Piece Drum Trigger Pack and receive free shipping on your order and the guaranteed lowest price.

or these
    Find what you are looking for at Guitar Center with the GuitarCenter.com site map. Browse by product, brand and more

How well do they work/trigger on acoustic heads (especially bass and snare)
    Last edited by cstoliker; 10-12-08, 02:02 AM.
    TD-6v, (3x)CY-8, (4x)PD-8's (2x)PD-6's (1x)PD-80R (1)KD-8 http://www.cstoliker.com/Drums/

Red Shots by far! But I would step up and get these:

Shop for the ddrum Trigger Kit and receive free shipping on your order and the guaranteed lowest price.

they have the same exact piezo as the redshot, but the housing is very tough and you don't have to mess with any of the tension rods, they just clamp on the side of the rim.

J
    Edrums- KD-120, PD-125 (3), PD-105 (3), Yamaha PCY155, PCY-135 (4)
    Module - Roland TD20X
    Software - Pro Tools and Toontrack Superior

Comment

I use these:
      Find what you are looking for at Guitar Center with the GuitarCenter.com site map. Browse by product, brand and more

They work great. The only issue, which happens to me, is that after hitting a while, the tension rod on the trigger gets kinda loose.

Jrummer, does this happens too on the DDrums? How exatly do they attach? Any close up pic?

Comment

Also, how do you connect the XLR outputs on the moddule? Do you use some kind of adapter?

Comment

The ddrum pro triggers attach to the rim with a tension rod, similar to the ones in the link you posted. Mine have been on my converted e-drums for 2 years and I have never had to adjust them.

For all the mono triggers (kick and toms) you just use an XLR to 1/4" mono cable. The snare has a special cable for the ddrum module that breaks out to 2 1/4" mono ends, one for the head, and one for the rim. You would have to look into what cable to use on the snare trigger for a Roland module.

Pic:
          Attached Files
          Module - Roland TD20X

Comment

A center piezo with cone seems like a more logical approach since you'd want the strongest trigger area in the center of the drum.

Comment

Thanks Jrummer,
              I guess the ddrums are more stable than the Pintechs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rewind
                A center piezo with cone seems like a more logical approach since you'd want the strongest trigger area in the center of the drum.
                Sure, but the ddrum triggers were designed for acoustic drums. Lots of people use them live to blend in with mics, so they don't want to dampen the acoustic sound of their drums. So, edge mount makes sense.

I used them on acoustic drums, and when I converted my old acoustic kit to an ekit, I decided to use what I had. They work great on the rim of the drum, even with the mesh heads, and you don't really get the hot spots that a lot of people get with the center mounted piezos.

J
                Module - Roland TD20X

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎