Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any recomends for a low slung snare stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any recomends for a low slung snare stand?

Any recomends for a low slung snare stand?
    I'm looking for something that'll hold my 14" * 8" snare.
    I wanna keep the feet spread pretty narrow so as to avoid messing with my iron cobra double kick pedals and find my current Pearl stand just won't go low enough even when i have the snare clamping arms slackened right off rather than clamping up the drum which inturn raises the height of the drum.
    If i used a 6" or less deep snare it won't be a problem but i haven't found anything in over 20 years that i enjoy as much as my 8 incher () and since getting into double kick pedals the stand height vs leg spread situation has become an issue.

Check out the DW snare stands, that's what I use. They get pretty low, but I am not sure if they are low enough for you. I have never tried them with a 8" deep drum. The legs are pretty close together also.
    sigpic

Comment

Maybe this one:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ludwig-L...86-i1139266.gc

J
      Edrums- KD-120, PD-125 (3), PD-105 (3), Yamaha PCY155, PCY-135 (4)
      Module - Roland TD20X
      Software - Pro Tools and Toontrack Superior

Comment

Check out the DW snare stands, that's what I use. They get pretty low
        I guess maybe what i really need to do is get myself down to a good drum store armed with a tape measure

Now that does say "Double Braced Low Snare Drum Stand" Sounds promising Just gotta find one in the uk

Cheers for the help guys, will let you know the outcome

Comment

Hi Stingo,

I have a trusty Premier 4013 snare stand sitting in our demo hardware stock, which goes very low - it never gets used as it's too low to hold my 5.5" deep snares at the right height!

If you're interested, I can give it a good check over tomorrow? Wouldn't be expensive even with delivery!

Here's the full series: http://tinyurl.com/47bdmc

Simon

Comment

Hi Stingo,

I have a trusty Premier 4013 snare stand sitting in our demo hardware stock, which goes very low - it never gets used as it's too low to hold my 5.5" deep snares at the right height!

If you're interested, I can give it a good check over tomorrow? Wouldn't be expensive even with delivery!

Here's the full series: http://tinyurl.com/47bdmc

Simon
            Simon are you in the UK? I'm interested!

Comment

Originally posted by Stingo RAH View Post
              Simon are you in the UK? I'm interested!
              Hiya,

Yes, we're UK - just had a look at it - goes VERY low!

Simon

Comment

Simon

You have a PM

Comment

Working...
                X