Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland HD-1 or Roland TD 3 KW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland HD-1 or Roland TD 3 KW

so...have around 1000 $ to spend.maybe even a little more.. I saved it for quite some time now and i would love to buy a el.drum set..so i checked the prices and i think roland hd-1 and td3 are the cheapest of roland models.

so hd-1 seems rather small , but it has those pedals included (correct me if im wrong) and i think the sound is ok too..Im a metal , hardcore drummer and i need drums to practice at home.every now and then i play industrial , so i really like the droid sound too.

as far as td3 goes , i would like to know is the sound better than the hd-1 and does td 3 have droid sound option? and does the td3 come with pedals ? So, please help ...and sorry for my bad english..

Welcome to the forums noah. I can't speak about the HD1 but the TD3, which I have, comes with a high hat pedal but does not come with a base pedal, throne or sticks. I feel the sounds on the TD3 are more than adequate and I have not yet explored building user kits on it. Other folks here will tell you buy as much as you can possibly afford. They're right. If you enjoy it you will soon be suffering from GAS attacks.
    Where are you from?
    TD9 Frankenkit

Comment

As a metal drummer, I can't imagine you'd be happy with the HD-1. Do a search and you'll find lots of complaints about the pedals. Better to buy something used to get more bang for your buck.

http://tinyurl.com/My-E-kit

Comment

If you wanted a NEW kit to play right now and those were the two kits
        to choose from, the TD-3 and a decent double pedal since metal is
        your thing, would be a smart move. However, you will reach a point
        where you will want to upgrade, pads,module,more cymbals ect...
        It is a good idea to check for used gear !! Great deals can be had. E
        Eric G: Pearl,Paiste,Remo,Vic Firth,Gibraltar,Roc-n-Soc,Roland TD-6V, Lots of Vex and mesh all around.

Comment

TD3 all the way here. Upgradeable, and way better sounds. I looked at the HD1 and TD3 when I was buying last year - look at my kit pic to see what happened!

Comment

Yeah, Td3...the HD is more a toy, meant for youngsters...the pedals arent that sturdy, nor do they have such a good feel...there might not be a droid kit, but there are probably special effects sounds that you can set up your kit for....
            TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
            ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
            not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

thanks for the welcome. im from croatia, and prices here cant even compare to prices in USA..hd-1 costs 1300 $ and td3 kw 1800 $ ...it freaked me out for a while there. well this el.kit is just temporary solution, im planning to buy a mapex saturn or maybe something from pearl..so , the more i think about it, it seems like hd-1 is the cheapest and best solution since i cant spend more money on the el. kit..i thought i made a decision but after looking at ur posts im not so sure anymore...

Comment

Honestly, avoid the HD1 if you are serious about drumming. It's so limited, even for practice.

Comment

Or make sure you try out the HD thoroughly, and dont just buy online...test to see if you can stand all its limitations...
                  TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                  ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                  not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Originally posted by noah432 View Post
                    thanks for the welcome. im from croatia, and prices here cant even compare to prices in USA..hd-1 costs 1300 $ and td3 kw 1800 $ ...it freaked me out for a while there. well this el.kit is just temporary solution, im planning to buy a mapex saturn or maybe something from pearl..so , the more i think about it, it seems like hd-1 is the cheapest and best solution since i cant spend more money on the el. kit..i thought i made a decision but after looking at ur posts im not so sure anymore...
                    TD-9KW

Comment

Working...
                    X