Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AC/DC snare on TD-6V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC/DC snare on TD-6V

Hi,

I have been trying lately to get the sound on the snare i would like to have but it sounds impossible to me.Basicly i want a clear,loud a bit marchy sound and a bit trebled that would sound close to an a accoustic snare. .I don;t want a fat and deep sound.
    What i am looking for is very close to the sound from the AC/DC 's drummer sound (only the snare) especially from the latest album

i am using a td-6v module and a pd-125 snare

I would appreciate if anyone could tell me what settings i need to do.I have also loaded VEX ( 50 master,collective,hot picks).

Maybe there is somewhere in these VEX or another pack which i haven't d/loaded

Thanks
    Ex E-kits:
    ''Lernean Hydra'' ( a bounche of roland pads with a td-6 module)
    ''Lucy'' (Diamond electronic drums with a td-12 module)
    current E-kit
    ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

A-kit
    " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

check out a few videos http://www.youtube.com/user/hampisdrums

there is a vex kit that has an ac/dc kit (phil rudd patch). it sounds more the old snare as opposed to the new one. which has a little more overtones than normal. kind of refreshing actually. i don't know if the vex kit is for the td6 or not. i have it for the expanded td10 and it sounds great.

Comment

ANY AC/DC fans out there ?
      Ex E-kits:
      current E-kit
      ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

A-kit
      " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

Comment

Yes. Me. I have Black Ice on pre-order! As for drummers, Phil Rudd is one of my favorites. I use the P.Rudd VEX kit live almost exclusively.

Comment

Originally posted by migraine99 View Post
          Yes. Me. I have Black Ice on pre-order! As for drummers, Phil Rudd is one of my favorites. I use the P.Rudd VEX kit live almost exclusively.
          i have already d/loaded black ice.Phil Rudd kicks ass but the drum sound is unbelievable.I can sent u some tracks if u want
          Ex E-kits:
          current E-kit

A-kit

Comment

that's ok. i'll wait for my CD to arrive. not much longer now.

Comment

Working...
            X