Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visulite HHC RYC (Hi Hat controller)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visulite HHC RYC (Hi Hat controller)

I'm piecing together my first eKit (mostly a conversion from my acoustic kit) and I've been looking at the Pintech Visulite HHC RYC hi hat controller that'd let me get continuous data from the hi hat from varying degrees from open to loose to closed. However, I've only found it available for purchase at two online stores (hopedrums.com and cymbalismmusic.com) and the cheapest I could find it was $109 I believe. That sounds kinda steep to me.

Are there any alternatives to the HHC RYC that perform the same function, allowing me to mount hi hat triggers on my acoustic hi hat stand and get continuous data?

If not, are you aware of any places I might be able to get a better price?

Thanks.

The short answer is no, there ain't.

Welcome to edrumming: just like acoustic drumming...only much more expensive.

You could build your own circuit. There's plenty of info on how to do that in the DIY section.

If that's not your cup of tea, then you're back to the $109 for the HHC RYC magic box.

Lemme put this in perspective, going that route is still *far* cheaper than purchasing anything else out there with such capability, namely the Hart Epedal II Pro stand or the Roland VH-11/12 hats.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
    TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

send an e-mail to [email protected]

He'll tell you what you need to know about that pedal. Great guy, great business.

Comment

Working...
      X