Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for the Vex Team - Bonzo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the Vex Team - Bonzo!

Alan,

I have a question regarding the Bonzo kit in the professor's pack. The overall volume of the kit is much greater than the other kits. I don't think its simply related to the fader settings. Is this due to some compressor settings? Was it on purpose? My guess is that it was from a different programmer with a different way of putting the kit together. I actually like how the overall drums sound here, and I will be mapping over some of the other kits to apply the same overall sound to the drums.

I aguess this is also a question for SD, does the new VDL come with a way to review ambiance and other settings?

Thanks.

I haven't checked it, but it might be that the master compressor for that particular kit is pushed a little. If I remember correctly, I bumped the master compressor's gain/volume to match those Bonzo drum track recordings on the net a little better. Feel free to bump it down a hair or so if you need to tweak for output. Try NOT to adjust mixer settings. Even if the master compressor's gain/volume is at 0 (which is highly unlikely on my expansions), still drop it to your liking.

Glad you're enjoying the kits! Oh, and yes - I did both - just at different times.

Hope that helps!
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Working...
    X