Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha DTXTREME III and Hart Pro Drums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha DTXTREME III and Hart Pro Drums?

OK, I've done the search and read through the DTXTREME thread and I still am unclear about this, so if someone would help me I'd appreciate it. I am looking to upgrade my module (have a TD-8). I use Hart Professional drums and Ecymbal II's. I can't afford a TD 20 so I'm considering the DTXTREME III vs. the TD-12.

My question is this: Will the Hart drums/cymbals function well with the new Yamaha module?

Thanks a bunch

Cram

Hart website says they're "currently testing" the IIs module:

http://www.hartdynamics.com/modules/dtxt2s.html

The TD-12 works great with my Harts.

http://tinyurl.com/My-E-kit

Comment

As far as I'm awarethe DTXtreme III pad inputs are piezo/switch only, not dual piezo. You can get a TD-20 from BPM Music for $1549.
      Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Update from Hart

Here is the email I received today from Hart Dynamics:

"Yamaha drum modules are not compatible with our drum kits . The Roland modules are your best bet . Check out the TD-9"

Guess that answers that!

Thanks everyone,

-Cram

Comment

The TD-12 works really well with Hart Pros and ECIIs. I couldn't be happier...unless I had a TD-20 I guess.
          Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
          "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Working...
          X