Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPD-S audio mix in help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPD-S audio mix in help!!

How do you guys play along with music while banging on your SPD-S???

I just noticed there doesn't seem to be MIX input???
    I have my iPod wired directly into the Input and head phones hooked up, but i don't seem to be getting any signal coming through?>?

Is there something i am missing?
    There does seem to be a setting ON/OFF, but that seems to be for sampling purposes?

How do you get input sound channeled to the head phone jack?
    Is this possible at all?
    Does it only OUTPUT through to the output jacks and bypass the headphone jack???

Thanks in advance.

There is no Mix-In on the SPD-S. The input is just for sampling. You could either use a mixer, or transfer your songs to the SPD-S and trigger them as well.
    sigpic

Comment

You do have to have Input Mix switched to ON at SETUP, SYSTEM. But OUTPUT(s) and PHONES are always identical on an SPD-S. The MIC/LINE switch should be set to LINE, and the PHONES level on the back turned up too. Use the L (MONO) input for a single cable, or both R and L inputs for stereo.

(Michael: I just tested this with input to SPD-S phones to make sure. Someone else uses it this way all the time too (though not through phones): SPD-S Input Problems)

Bruce
      Last edited by BarT; 10-04-08, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
        There is no Mix-In on the SPD-S. The input is just for sampling. You could either use a mixer, or transfer your songs to the SPD-S and trigger them as well.

Thank Mike, can you ellaborate more on how to transfer songs to the SPD-S please!!
        Sounds interesting

Originally posted by BarT View Post
        You do have to have Input Mix switched to ON at SETUP, SYSTEM. But OUTPUT(s) and PHONES are always identical on an SPD-S. The MIC/LINE switch should be set to LINE, and the PHONES level on the back turned up too. Use the L (MONO) input for a single cable, or both R and L inputs for stereo.

Hey Bart, thanks for that, it worked, i read up on that, but it just didn't explain as simple as you did....

They talk about turning the MIX ON/OFF, but not how to

Rena

(Michael: I just tested this with input to SPD-S phones to make sure. Someone else uses it this way all the time too (though not through phones): SPD-S Input Problems)

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by RAJ View Post
          Hey Bart, thanks for that, it worked, i read up on that, but it just didn't explain as simple as you did....

They talk about turning the MIX ON/OFF, but not how to
          For many options in the SPD-S manual you have to go back up to 10 pages to find out how the button sequence starts at the beginning of the section. Not one of Roland's finer efforts. I find it much easier to use the PDF manual where you can search for words and jump back to previous pages etc.

Bruce

Comment

For many options in the SPD-S manual you have to go back up to 10 pages to find out how the button sequence starts at the beginning of the section. Not one of Roland's finer efforts. I find it much easier to use the PDF manual where you can search for words and jump back to previous pages etc.

Bruce

Just downloaded the PDF version and yes, it seems to respond a hell of a lot easier to my fingers.... hehehehe

Thanks again Bruce

Rena

Comment

Bruce
              I learn something new every day. Thanks Bruce.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X