Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Td20, Btm Half of display missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Td20, Btm Half of display missing

Has anybody delt with this issue. I have always had issues with the display when the TD20 is left on for a period of time. But now the whole bottom half of the display is very faint(sometimes not visable at all) the contrast does not help. I did a firmware upgrade and the display came back on, but was distorted. rebooted and display is still missing. this module has never left my house, so it's not been beat up. very odd and annoying. has Roland ever addressed the issue of heat and the displays?

Chris

How long are you leaving it on? If it's long, turn it off, let it rest and see if it's acceptable later. If not, get Roland to fix it if under warranty.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

At the longest 5 or six hours, at this point only half the screen turns on at all.
      I ahve had it for two years so i am pretty sure it's out of warranty.

Comment

Usually, if you turn it off for a while, it'll be fine later. Personally, I wouldn't leave it on that long at one time. Even at a gig, I'll usually turn it off during the second break. (halfway for about 20 minutes) While it is out of warranty, I would contact Roland anyway. They had faulty LCD's in some (IIRC) and might possibly replace yours free of charge. (outside shipping) It's worth a phone call at least.
        Alan
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Working...
        X