Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pearl Eliminator HH stand with VH-11/VH-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearl Eliminator HH stand with VH-11/VH-12

Does anybody have one of hese hi hat stands running with a td11/12??

any issues or problems???

Thanks
    RJ
    TD-9KX 3 X PD-125/ 2 X PD-105/ 4 X PD-85/KD-85/KD-120/KD-8/Cy-5/cy-8/3 X cy12R/C and 1 CY15R 2 X CY14C and a good ol VH-11!

yeah I use one with my VH-12 & TD-20. Works fine for me although if you like the top edge of your hats lower than 33.5" or 85 cm you may have a problem as the base shaft of the stand is quite tall and with all the extra tension bits that the VH-12's use comin off the bottom of the hats thats about a low as they will go. If you like your hats silly high this won't be a problem with this stand as the centre spindle stands almost 4feet tall

Comment

I have one with a VH-11. No problems and works well, and the two legs allow easy placement.

Comment

whew!

Originally posted by Swaledale View Post
        I have one with a VH-11. No problems and works well, and the two legs allow easy placement.
        That's a relief. I just gambled and bought one on sale for the VH I have on the way. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Comment

I would recommend a remote hh stand like the Pearl RH2000. I use a similar DW remote hat with my VH-11. It allows you to mount the top part on your rack, and the pedal can go anywhere underneath.

Good luck.

Steve
          No more V-drums; all acoustics now.

Comment

Actually you might have a slight problem - on the old elim stand the screw in rod used to lock, on the new ones it continues to spin even when locked, which means your hi hat will spin. No idea why they changed it, crap idea, still I used some superglue and 'fixed' it.
            HTH
            Cheers
            Paul

Comment

thanks for sharing...all the input has been great!

cheers
              RJ
              TD-9KX 3 X PD-125/ 2 X PD-105/ 4 X PD-85/KD-85/KD-120/KD-8/Cy-5/cy-8/3 X cy12R/C and 1 CY15R 2 X CY14C and a good ol VH-11!

Comment

Originally posted by pchanning View Post
                Actually you might have a slight problem - on the old elim stand the screw in rod used to lock, on the new ones it continues to spin even when locked, which means your hi hat will spin. No idea why they changed it, crap idea, still I used some superglue and 'fixed' it.
                HTH
                duct tape! works wonders. always.
                and you can "undo" in a flash to pack up.
                Need more input, Stephanieeeeeeeee !
                http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34189
                ***winner of the 2007 squiggily brackety thing award***

Comment

I have an Eliminator with a VH 12, great build quality. I had a Tama but it wasn't very smooth which made it almost impossible to get a sizzle sound. The Eliminator has cured this.

I had to take the memory lock off to get the hats just about low enough, but I have them lower than some people because I don't play crossed so hopefully you won't have a problem.

Comment

Working...
                  X