Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-10/TD-6 Amplification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-10/TD-6 Amplification

Hello gang

I have an issue been bugging me for a few weeks, should I buy a specific pre function amp such as a ROland Cube or a Stagg wedge monitor to amp up for spare room play only or buy a Hifi amp to run my Gale monitor speakers in true Stereo via my Mac G4 ?

I guess it's home studio monitors Vs Stage amp ?

Thought or suggestions welcome as always folks?

N.
    TD-12 VEX TMC-6 A2E kit 16 pieces and growing and a cursed left handed child of the devil.

I go with home studio monitors...
    "Custom" kit: Started with a TD-3 set. Then added TD-6V Module and a PDX-8 for snare, using 4 pd-8 pads for toms, CY-5 for Hi Hit, 2 Crash, 1 Ride (all CY-12). Using stock kits and vExpressions packs.

Comment

home studio!
      TD-12

Comment

Well thats 100% for studio monitors, Rotel class A amplifier here we come, thanks folks

N.
        TD-12 VEX TMC-6 A2E kit 16 pieces and growing and a cursed left handed child of the devil.

Comment

I would say none of the above. The transients generated will fry your speakers ...... anything less than a 12" driver will sound dreadful and not last very long...... even then it needs to be good quality ie, i bought a Carlsbro 15" powered wedge thingy, foolishly thinking it would be perfect ( 15" + horn, 400 watts ) .................... 1/2 way through 1st rehearsal it just started farting , then stopped.......... took it back and bought 2 Mackies.
          TD10ex, SPD-S, kd's, pd's, cy's, Koby, KitToys ( 9" splash & 10" mini china - yep you read that correctly... a very rare 10" mini china lol ), Iron Cobra, Mackie, Beyer. arizonaband.net

Comment

Hi Steve

Good point but I am spare room only and were talking less that 100w tops the speakers I have are Gale Monitor Gold Mk2 with cross over's and bass drivers so should be able to cope with mid level driving?

N.

Comment

Try them ....... gently ....... i'd hate to see you fry them !!!
              TD10ex, SPD-S, kd's, pd's, cy's, Koby, KitToys ( 9" splash & 10" mini china - yep you read that correctly... a very rare 10" mini china lol ), Iron Cobra, Mackie, Beyer. arizonaband.net

Comment

I would use a keyboard amp you will get better all round sound from one of these. I have used a Behringer K3000FX and in your spare room you would never be able to have it more than a quarter turned up anyway. you could even gig in a small room or pub with one of these or take to practice sessions.....duncs

Comment

Okay

I have a bid on a 400w 3 cone Technics keyboard amp fingers crossed

N.

Comment

Working...
                  X