Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To TD20 or not to TD20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To TD20 or not to TD20

Guys

I'm looking at giving my TD6 a brain upgrade to a TD20. I've gotten at price of $3200 AUD from Billy Hydes. Currently the RRP is $4K. Has anyone got a better price in Australia?

The full kit has come down from $12K to $7.8K but the RRP on the brain has not followed suite ( bummer)
    :D

Give Music Workshop a call on 03 5221 5844 and ask to speak to Daniel. Tell him you are from the vdrums.com forum and that Titania from SuperPuss sent you

Comment

Thanks SuperPuss. He wasn't in but they still gave me a better price. Still haggling with the locals. Got it down to $2900 at Allens so far.

Comment

That Allens price is amazing - not quite the $399 which was on offer momentarily on the website (long story), but very good considering the tight leash retailers are kept on in Australia. I should get you to do the haggling for me! Let us know if you manage anything better.
        Good luck.
        . digitalDrummer
        Review index

Comment

Got $50 knocked off the price at Billy Hydes, $2850. Going in this arvo to place the order.

Comment

Cool stuff ER. Sounds like you are a happy haggler

Comment

Guess what.. Billy Hydes finally called today to say that my TD 20 module has arrived...and I'm stuck in Tasmania...bugger.

Comment

Good on you Engine Room - you won't be disappointed and you got a very good price for in Australia.

They're still 1K cheaper in the U.S. (including freight...) but you wear the risk of no local warranty.

Comment

I thought about that but as it's a working kit I can claim on my tax ( depreciate over 5 years etc...thanks Kev)... I will when GAS strikes again look at getting pads from the US. Do you know of any stores that send (or even know of) down under.

Comment

Originally posted by Engine Room View Post
                    I thought about that but as it's a working kit I can claim on my tax ( depreciate over 5 years etc...thanks Kev)... I will when GAS strikes again look at getting pads from the US. Do you know of any stores that send (or even know of) down under.

Interesting to hear that you can depreciate it over 5 years. . Do you work in the music business? I wonder if I can claim mine

Comment

The band plays every second Saturday at a Pub. To get paid we have to provide an invoice with our individual ABN numbers. So I usually earn about $2K a year. You can expense items up to $300 ( double check the amount) (per item) on parking, sticks etc. Big ticket items you can expense over it's expected working lifetime. I'm deprecating my TD6 kit and studio gear over 3.
                      Last year the Tax department owed me $1K but as the music income was under $40K etc..etc.. I end up with a tax credit to use if suddnely I become famous. The main point is that I did not have to pay any tax on the band income and it gives me a great excuse for GAS

Comment

Working...
                      X