Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Record TD-3 to a computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record TD-3 to a computer

I just bought the TD-3SW kit and have been searching for a module to record my tracks into a computer. Sorry for the newbie question but I would like to know what product to buy for recording directly into a PC.

I have found the Tascam US-122 L, but I am unsure if this is will get the job done. I hope you all can help me out as I am new with electronic kits.

thanks

The Tascam will work. Just about any USB Audio will work if it has a decent ASIO driver. Do a search on audio interfaces in these forum and you will find tons of recommendations.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Render View Post
      The Tascam will work. Just about any USB Audio will work if it has a decent ASIO driver. Do a search on audio interfaces in these forum and you will find tons of recommendations.
      great! thanks for giving me a kick start.

EDIT: Will the Tascam work with Adobe Audition?
      Last edited by Jαke; 09-10-08, 10:24 PM.

Comment

I use the Tascam US-122L on a Q6600 with 4GB and XP and there it is working really well. Audio as well as MIDI.
        Generally:
        Any software is working with any device only as good as the software is able to work with the OS and the ASIO driver.
        The latest XP ASIO drivers are pretty good and it worked well so far with a all the sequencers I tried (I use Cubase now). Don't know about Audition though but with the above combination I don't see any reason why it shouldn't.

So it is depending on the computer and OS you are using.
        I don’t know if there are any (good or at all) ASIO driver for Mac or Vista.
        In case you use XP then I can recommend the Tascam.
        TD-9KW

Comment

I have XP 64bit as my primary PC with 8GB ram and dual-quad cores. I noticed that there are drivers listed at Tascam for this configuration, but on another page it says it is not compatible.

Anyway, I bought the Tascam 144 model with hopes I'll get it to work with my 64bit PC. If those drivers do not work I will use my 32 bit XP Alienware with 2GB ram and 3.8GHz P4, which should be more than enough power I presume.

what cables does the Tascam 144 model come with?

Comment

I use the 122 version and as far as i can remember it came with just a USB cable.
            that's it. No midi cable.
            TD-9KW

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Wilco View Post
              I use the 122 version and as far as i can remember it came with just a USB cable. that's it. No midi cable.
              OK, I will pick up cables. Thanks for your help.

Comment

afaik the td-3 has a midi out only. so one midi cable should be enough.
                TD-9KW

Comment

afaik the td-3 has a midi out only. so one midi cable should be enough.
                  Looks like this one has both. Are you referring to an early model?

Last edited by Jαke; 09-18-08, 04:23 PM.

Comment

as i wrote: as far as i know.
                    so i guess i was just wrong.

buy two midi cables (and audio cables as well)

TD-9KW

Comment

Just wanted to make a note that I received the Tascam 144! I bought it on Ebay brand new for $110. I picked up 2 patch cords and ran the first test on my XP32bit laptop with no troubles. I am using Adobe Audition 3.0 to capture. Next I downloaded the XP64bit drivers and installed on my other XP64bit machine. No trouble there either. Then I loaded the same XP64bit driver on my Vista64bit laptop. I was surprised to find that it worked perfectly.

I just had to use a high latency setting to remove the occasional click and pop on all 3 systems. But the signal is very accurate and sounds great.

I would recommend the Tascam 144 first off because it's affordable and secondly it will run on XP32, XP64, and Vista64. I have yet to try the MIDI functions, but will do so as soon as I get those cables.

Comment

I received my midi cables and was able to record into audition but some notes get ignored. Is there a way to increase the accuracy?

Comment

I am glad to read that in principal everything seems to work ok with the tascam and your setup.

I have no idea about the TD-3 but maybe it helps if you increase the sensitivity of the pads?
                          (P.52- in the manual)
                          TD-9KW

Comment

think im also getting the Tascam US-122L cant wait!
                            TD-12

Comment

I have no idea about the TD-3 but maybe it helps if you increase the sensitivity of the pads? (P.52- in the manual)
                              Thanks for the help. Turns out on pg.53 it tells you how to change the threshold levels for the trigger signal. I used the lowest settings for each pad and tested the MIDI recorder which picked up every note. This seems to be the best solution as long as I don't get cross-talk between pads.

Comment

Working...
                              X