Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland FD-8 and the Roland HPD-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland FD-8 and the Roland HPD-10

I know that the HPD-10 has a dual trigger input to connect any roland pads and footswitches. I wanted to know if the FD-8 can be used instead of the Roland DP-2 and other footswitches with the HPD-10. Can someone respond to this ASAP for me. I am seriously thinking about ordering one here next few hours.
    Drummer 4 Him,

Ron

I just looked in the manual of the HPD-10 it doesn't support FD-8 only the Roland DP-2 and other boss and roland footswitches.
    Drummer 4 Him,

Ron

Comment

I took a quick look at my manual and it is NOT among the options listed for accessorising the HPD.10...but that is only a preliminart opinion

also, in an unusually lucid flash of common sense, i took the 10 into the same room as the drum set to test it out - I at least dont have a cord that connects them, since the wait a second, yes i do. '

ok, after effing around a bit, I could NOT get it to work, and on page 26 of the 10 mnaul, the FD 8 is not listed amongs the triggers that you can set the foot switch to...

it might be possible, but as a quick response, No.

However, i was unsure from your post are you thinking about ordering a fd-8 or an hpd 10. if the latter, i can recommend it, its a blast! I have great fun on mine at least!

EDIT: Ok, while I did all this you answered yourself...and it appears you have the 10. or maybe just the manual? Good on yer, anyway....
      TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
      ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
      not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post
        However, i was unsure from your post are you thinking about ordering a fd-8 or an hpd 10. if the latter, i can recommend it, its a blast! I have great fun on mine at least!

EDIT: Ok, while I did all this you answered yourself...and it appears you have the 10. or maybe just the manual? Good on yer, anyway....
        I have been thinking of ordering a HPD-10, I already have a FD-8 from my Roland kit.

No, I have neither a HPD-10 or the manual, I looked it up in the manual on Roland's website.

Thanks for the recommendation for the HPD-10
        Drummer 4 Him,

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post
          f the latter, i can recommend it, its a blast! I have great fun on mine at least!..
          I ordered a HPD-10 today with a Roland APC-33 Drum Pad Clamp, Boss FS-5U Footswitch(since the FD-8 will not work), Horizon HYS-P 1/4 Inch Insert Cable. I plan on using KD-8 with HPD-10. I am going to use it to practice percussion at home, and use it with my current percussion setup at church.
          Drummer 4 Him,

Ron

Comment

Working...
          X