Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop KD8 from wobbling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BarT View Post
    Neither the design nor the instructions are intuitive. (But we wouldn't have much to talk about here if Roland made it all easy. )

Bruce
    I took your advice and a lot of the wobble is gone, but there's still some there. I know it's even because I did all the height adjusting on a granite countertop, but the carpet it's on is pretty thick. Could it be the carpet?

Comment

Yep; I think it's probably impossible to eliminate all wobble on thick carpet.

Bruce

Comment

Mine is on a drum rug over a hardwood floor, so even with the velcro, the rug itself moves around and the whole thing wants to wobble. As for the kick floating about 1/2" in the air, mine does the same thing. This appears to be because of the way the pedal attaches to the base of the pad.

I'm in the process of putting building a base for the pedal and pad, and will finish it tomorrow. It's REALLY simple and sorta ghetto, but I think it'll work fine and look alright. Will post up pics tomorrow, so people can see how it's constructed.

Comment

OK, here's my DIY fix. I made a 12"x24" platform out of 11/32" thick plywood. The right pedal is bolted to the platform and the front bar of the KD8 is bolted to the platform using clasps from pipe bolts. I've also added rubber washers becuase it was a little stiff, and now it's got a REALLY good feel. It's not wobbly, nor too stiff. It all cost me about $15 and some black paint I had lying around.

Here is the pic:
          http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?im...5761024qe0.jpg

Comment

Replace with a KD-120 (worked for me)
            TD9KX w/KD-120 kick, VH-11 HH, PD-125 snare, CY-8 crash, Gibralter double pedal :cool:

Comment

Stick it to the Man!

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
              Replace with a KD-120 (worked for me)
              KD-8 to KD-120 upgrade...
              Why don't you just wire Roland your salary directly? What a waste of money! Use my new KD-8 Rubber Pad to Mesh head rebuild guide:

Wobbling
              I used a more or less fluffy doormat. It has sticky rubber on the backside, as most doormats do. The KD-8 already has Velcro on it. Works like a charm. Attaching the foot pedal to the KD-8 seems to stabilize also. If there is a proble in the future I would attach a plate to the bottom with more velcro. Love the velcro.
              Last edited by Rewind; 09-11-08, 06:44 AM.

Comment

here's a quick way to solve the problem...
                yes, that's an egg crate (so that the ride cymbal doesn't trigger unasked)

it's not ideal, since it moves a bit if you really stomp the pedal, but it's a quick temporary solution
                Attached Files
                Last edited by zoster; 10-22-08, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zoster View Post
                  here's a quick way to solve the problem...
                  yes, that's an egg crate (so that the ride cymbal doesn't trigger unasked)

it's not ideal, since it moves a bit if you really stomp the pedal, but it's a quick temporary solution
                  Are the removed base plate and upside-down anchor bolts to protect your hardwood floors? I think you could use the foot plate and screws the right way up without having the points extended.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
                    Are the removed base plate and upside-down anchor bolts to protect your hardwood floors? I think you could use the foot plate and screws the right way up without having the points extended.

Bruce
                    i knew someone was gonna pick on that
                    yeah, i know, or i could put normal bolts, that don't have the pointit tip. i just tried something different and was too lazy to put the base plate back. i'll put both the pad and the padal on a plywood board or something soon enough

Comment

Working...
                    X