Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hyper Bass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyper Bass?

Has anyone done a demo on the Hyper-Bass. This sounds like a great idea. Does it work as stated? Is the conversion difficult? Has anyone tried the premade pedal? Thanks-dave

Hyper-Bass

Originally posted by drumslinger50 View Post
    Has anyone done a demo on the Hyper-Bass. This sounds like a great idea. Does it work as stated? Is the conversion difficult? Has anyone tried the premade pedal? Thanks-dave
    I just got the conversion kit for a DW 5000 pedal this week. I made it work with a cheapy DW 4000 pedal. It's a bunch of fun. I'm still playing with it. Once I get a little bit more proficient, I'll do some recording.

The main thing is to space the two triggers apart enough to where you don't have to always be hitting both triggers (unless you just want it for fast double bass). I like being able to do both fast double bass and patterns. If the triggers are too close together, you really can't control it for funky patterns. I have it set to where I can play heels up for double bass and heels down for patterns.

I did a kit with bongo on the lower trigger and clave on the upper trigger. Can do some really interesting patterns while doing some basics on top. Haven't decided if I'm going to put it on my left or right foot yet.

Once I have more time on it, I'll give a complete report.
    Frequent GAS Sufferer

TD-9, RMP-12, RMP-5 & SonicCell on Gibraltar Quad Stands.

Comment

Working...
    X