Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hyper-Bass Conversion kits ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyper-Bass Conversion kits ??

Hey guys , Can anyone give a full review of the Hyper Bass conversion bass pedal kit. ?

I am looking to get one, but I listened to the samples on the site and from what I hear it sounds like the return stroke doesn't hit as hard as the first stroke.

Thanks
    Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
    Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
    Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

I am planning on doing a review and video today. The return stroke on my setup is just as strong as the down stroke. More later, I just woke up and I am still groggy.
    sigpic

Comment

Hyper Bass

Originally posted by yzf125 View Post
      Hey guys , Can anyone give a full review of the Hyper Bass conversion bass pedal kit. ?

I am looking to get one, but I listened to the samples on the site and from what I hear it sounds like the return stroke doesn't hit as hard as the first stroke.

Thanks
      Just got the conversion kit for the DW 5000 pedal this week. I made it work with my DW 4000 cheapy pedal. It's a lot of fun. I need a month or so get some proficiency.

The main thing for me is to make sure the top and bottom triggers aren't too close together (they are fully adjustable). If they're too close, all you can do is pretty much 16th note double bass.

I spaced them apart to where I'll play double bass heels up and patterns heels down.

Did a kit with a bongo on the bottom trigger and a clave on the top trigger. Can do some fun patterns while playing some basic stuff on the top.

Edit - I have Mr. Render to thank for the GAS attack that made me finally buy this. He had one on the picture of his Mondor II setup.
      Frequent GAS Sufferer

TD-9, RMP-12, RMP-5 & SonicCell on Gibraltar Quad Stands.

Comment

I just posted a video and review in the Products section.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X