Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD8 or TD10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD8 or TD10

Which one is newer/better/your opinion?
    Thanks!
    Td-3, Iron Cobra double bass pedal, 7a sticks.

If we're just talking about just the drum module here, and I'm going purely by research, I think TD-8 is to the TD-6V what the TD-10 is to the TD-20. Just from a previous roland generation.

If you don't have any vdrums yet, a td8 probably wouldn't be a bad purchase, but it wouldn't be much of an upgrade otherwise. I can't help thinking a TD10 (with TDW1 expansion) would be a great step up, if a TD-12 or TD-20 is out of your price range. Which is where I think I'm heading when I have a chunk of cash. BUT! Don't buy a TD10 without the TDW1 or it'll be crap (it won't have the superior V-CYMBALS tech, so basically not much better than a TD-8). Finding a stand-alone TDW1 exapsion would be hard.

Also, if you're looking at full kits, check it has decent drum triggers. With older TD10s for example they'll often have "PD" style rubber pads for cymbals instead of the more modern "CY" style cymbals. Sure, you can replace them, but its something to consider when working out how much the set is really worth...
    My kit:

Comment

Remember, the search engine is your friend!

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthre...light=TD8+TD10
      >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Originally posted by LordLucan View Post
        If we're just talking about just the drum module here, and I'm going purely by research, I think TD-8 is to the TD-6V what the TD-10 is to the TD-20. Just from a previous roland generation.
        That's not really a direct comparison. Quite a few users upgrade from a TD-6 to a TD-8, because it has the same sounds but more features for easy tweaking. I don't know of anyone who has changed from a TD-20 to a TD-10 (even though the TD-10 has a few features not found on a TD-20).

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by BarT
          That's not really a direct comparison. Quite a few users upgrade from a TD-6 to a TD-8, because it has the same sounds but more features for easy tweaking.
          Yeah, this is true, it was a personal opinion. I'm more interested in upgrading to something which will have more impact on better instrument dynamics, and less on tweaking.

Originally posted by BarT
          I don't know of anyone who has changed from a TD-20 to a TD-10 (even though the TD-10 has a few features not found on a TD-20).
          I must have worded it badly. Even I'm not insane enough to do that!

I think someone with a TD8 or lesser might upgrade to a TD-10(E) if they can't afford a TD-12 or TD-20 yet. Assuming you get a good bargain.
          Last edited by LordLucan; 09-06-08, 07:39 PM.
          My kit:

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
            I don't know of anyone who has changed from a TD-20 to a TD-10 (even though the TD-10 has a few features not found on a TD-20).
            Oh... I've just figured out why you said that. It because of my dumbass signature, right?

It was:
            Code:
            [COLOR="Silver"][SIZE="1"]I don't have:[/SIZE][/COLOR] TD-20, PD-125 (9), Tama Power Shower, a rubber chicken named Keith and 2 flying cars
            ie, it give the impression I'm a TD20 owner if not read in a hurry.

I think its time to get rid of that before it gets me beaten up...
            Last edited by LordLucan; 09-06-08, 07:42 PM.
            My kit:

Comment

To continue with our little comparison thing...I have been told that the Td-8 is to the Td-10 what the td-12 is to the td-20.

I had to make the choice between a 10 and 8 about 6 months ago, after i did some asking and research i decided on the TD-10 expanded. Its a little more $$ but i think its worth it for the extra inputs, faders, and controls.

Comment

Originally posted by LordLucan View Post
                Oh... I've just figured out why you said that. It because of my dumbass signature, right?
                No, I was just trying to defend the TD-8 a little. It's the world's most popular drum module and "The best "bang for the buck" in the module world".

Bruce
                Last edited by BarT; 09-07-08, 01:47 AM.

Comment

I have had both TD8 and td10 exp and the td10 wins hands down. Some sounds are better than the TD20 eg Ride, hi hat and some kicks. Also tons of sounds and more COSM than the TD8. I have also felt that the TD8 felt less robust than the TD10.
                  The price differnce bewteen the two seems often small so the TD10 is the better option .

Note : not dissing the TD8 just stating that the td10 exp is the better module.

Comment

Working...
                  X