Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hi hat "chick"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi hat "chick"

I have a question for the more experienced: I am using the TD-8 and I am trying to get a good "chick" sound out of the HH pedal (this is my very technical term for simpling quickly pressing the pedal by itself). I get a very quiet sound at best. I want to be able to get the sound of the hi hat closing at a reasonable volume. Could the Hart pedal be the problem here? How well does the Roland pedal handle this? Am I explaining this very well?

Anyway... if anyone can make sense out of this, I would love to hear your input!

Lovin the VDrum experience!

Roger
    Using Hart MegaPro with Roland TD8, amped by Roland KC-500

Sorry this isn't going to be as helpful as I'd like because I haven't got my TD8 to hand but there is a setting in there somewhere specifically for the volume of the "chick". Though they call it something less technical like hi-hat pedal volume.

I'll dig the module out and have a look when I can but have a dig round. I could be in the trigger settings or somewhere else in Setup.

Comment

on the td-10 theres a place for pedal volume.it's nowhere near the menu for the hihat itself.it's not even near the instrument settings menu.but it's in there.i would assume the td-8 has this same feature.
      Attached Files
      -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

If you haven't already found it ...

Try:

KIT - MENU - FUNC - PEDAL

It's set on a "per kit" basis.

Comment

thanks...

I have tried adjusting that, but I am not getting the volume I am looking for. I will keep at it though, thanks!

Comment

One last thing.

If you turn on the module before connecting the pads or sit tapping the pads and pedals while your mudule boots then your volume levels can go all to pot.

Apart from that, I can only think it's to do with your pedal.

Good luck ...

Comment

Info...

Thanks for the help. I am going to go to Guitar Center (the closest place I can find a setup Roland kit) and check the pedal of a Roland machine and see if it is any different from mine... see if I can make any determinations. Right now, I have the volume set to 15 (the max on the TD-8) and it just doesn't cut it. The Hart Pedal is very stiff and I am wondering if that might be causing the problem (though very well made... Thanks Hart!).

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. I love this forum.

Roger

Comment

"closed"Hihat sound w/ pedal open

Is there a way to, when striking the Hihat pad, get a "closed hihat" sound without having your foot pushed down on the hihat pedal.

Im working on grooves using my left foot for cowbell, and need a closed hihat sound all the time.

Using a V-pro kit with TD-10 module

Thanks
                Tommy

Comment

Re: "closed"Hihat sound w/ pedal open

Originally posted by tc
                  Is there a way to, when striking the Hihat pad, get a "closed hihat" sound without having your foot pushed down on the hihat pedal.

Im working on grooves using my left foot for cowbell, and need a closed hihat sound all the time.

Using a V-pro kit with TD-10 module

Thanks
                  Tommy
                  Ummmm, get an expansion card? (It has closed hat sounds.)
                  Last edited by Boingo; 07-09-02, 05:56 PM.
                  Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Working...
                  X