Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alesis DM5 18 bit drum module - any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alesis DM5 18 bit drum module - any good?

Got the chance to buy one of these at a knock down price.

Anyone got any experiance of these modules? I've heard the sounds are a bit dated, but at least they have 12 inputs

Originally posted by sbarwell View Post
    Got the chance to buy one of these at a knock down price. Anyone got any experiance of these modules? I've heard the sounds are a bit dated, but at least they have 12 inputs
    Last edited by mkstewartesq; 09-04-08, 10:23 AM.

Comment

I have a DM5 that was my first module. I use it these days as an expansion to my TD-12 via MIDI. If that is what you are using it for, it's all good. I wouldn't use it for a primary because, as you said, the sounds are dated and it only supports single trigger pads....at least via one input.
      Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
      "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Another previous DM5 owner here. The newer modules do smoke it in terms of sounds and features. But remember it was the king of its day. I recorded an entire CD with it. As a unit to mess around with, it ain't bad. But if you get hooked on eDrumming, you will ditch this unit fast.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X