Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Best place to get TDW-1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to get TDW-1?

Hi all,

I've seen mention of Guitar Center selling a TDW-1 for $199 a couple of months ago. Does anyone know if this is still true and if so, is it chainwide or do I have to call a specific store?

I'm looking to buy 1, possibly 2 of these and need to be careful on my spending. As long as it is shipped to me in one piece, that's the only support I need from the place I get it, since I can send it to Roland myself if there's a problem.

I just need to know the best price CURRENTLY spotted by someone? I've seen $249 to $299, and was hoping to go lower.

Thanks in advance.
    -Eric

P.S. only 1 on Ebay at:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=890940597
    Was $250 just now with 17 bids and 1 day remaining..
    Last edited by Shep2112; 07-05-02, 03:08 PM.
    Expanded TD-10, TD-7, PTX-8, DrumKAT 3.8, 8xPD7, 5xPD9, 4xKD7, FD7, 3xPD100, 4xPD120, 4xHart Acupad TE3, 2xECymbalX, Pintech Kick, 10xLP Spike, 2xSapphire, 3xPTT8, 1xPSD8, PBD8 Kick, 2xSynare 3, 2xAcrylic Cymbals, Gibraltar/Roland racks

The one on Ebay already is sold.
    For more than the new price !
    Robert

Comment

The Best price I've come across is $249 on-line @ http://www.woodwindbrasswind.com

I made a printout of this website, brought it to my local Guitar Center and they matched the price. I have never seen anyone advertise one of these babies for $199, and probably never will.
      Last edited by BruceRichter; 07-14-02, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Hi Bruce, thanks for the reply. That url didn't work because the details were not in the URL (it was done through a form and they put the details in the http header.. nevermind, it's technical, I found it myself on there anyways =)

I don't have a Guitar Center here, unfortunately. Only Mars and Sam Ash. Mars said they don't match prices from websites, only from actual stores. They currently want $299 for the board.

I'll get in touch with the person who said they got one at Guitar Center for $199 I guess..
        Expanded TD-10, TD-7, PTX-8, DrumKAT 3.8, 8xPD7, 5xPD9, 4xKD7, FD7, 3xPD100, 4xPD120, 4xHart Acupad TE3, 2xECymbalX, Pintech Kick, 10xLP Spike, 2xSapphire, 3xPTT8, 1xPSD8, PBD8 Kick, 2xSynare 3, 2xAcrylic Cymbals, Gibraltar/Roland racks

Comment

I have 2 Guitar Centers in my area. When I went to the one closest to me, I just mentioned that I seen a better price, than what they were selling it for, on a website. Without even seeing the ad, the salesman quoted me $259. I told him I would be back later with the ad. That saved me $4 (big deal, right?) but the fact is that Guitar Center guarantees they will beat any advertised price.

Why don't you just mail order it from the website? I don't know who told you a Guitar Center was selling it for $199, but I'm sure they are greatly mistaken. Maybe for $299 is more accurate. I would bet that not even at jobber price from Roland will you get it for $199. I have scoured everywhere for the best price and so far no one has beaten $249.

Good luck.

Comment

Okay cool, yeah maybe I'll do that..

Here's the $199 message, halfway down by ScotSpen
            http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...ht=tdw1+%24199

Thanks for the tip..
            Last edited by Shep2112; 07-14-02, 10:25 PM.

Comment

http://www.musicians-gear.com/

Appears to be in Germany, but if Guitar Center says "ANY" advertised price... I'm sort of curious if anyone has gotten them to ship to America and how it turned out. It seems to caculate out as a savings (no tax and anything under 20 kilograms can be shipped normal post at a reasonable cost)

It is $243 USD there. I'd have sworn I had seen it for 249 on Musician's Friend, but they have it for 299 now.
              That Dan Guy

Comment

Try anywhere that will beat any advertised price.

Samash is usually good about this. So is sweetwater.com.

Musiciansfriend usually can, but sometimes they have to keep it above the normal "special" price. They think they can trick us who haven't researched prices quite like us. HA! They don't know who they're messing with!
                The best damn kid in the record industry. Maybe.

Comment

Still looking around for one of these.. Best price is Zzounds.com for $269 with free shipping
                  here

Anyone else seen better?

Same price at Drumbalaya, but shipping is extra (though I'd feel better about supporting one of our own and would prolly go with them =)

Comment

Ebay TDW-1

Guess I was lucky got one new in box Ebay with v cymbal control for $210. free shipping dont know if this is still active http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...891071996&rd=1
                    Last edited by Doug; 08-12-02, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Cool, thanks Doug.. I just sent a message to the seller asking where he got his.. Hopefully he has a good answer for me..

Comment

Ya I had to jump on that one

Comment

Man I wish I had seen that.. I woulda gone up to $250 on it.. next time.. and now that you're out of the running, it'll be easier to win

Comment

Re Ebay TDW-1

Look at the start time and the stop time It was listed for 4 minutes with a buy it now I clobbered that one couldn't believe it anybody else have a good buy on Ebay

Comment

Wow, that's awesome man!

Comment

Working...
                              X