Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD12 VS. DTXtreme III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD12 VS. DTXtreme III

you have 3200 to spend.

which kit do you ( me) buy and why ?

thanks

Depends on what you are looking for.

If you need your own samples, the DTXTreme is your best bet.
    If you simply must play on mesh heads, maybe the TD-12 is your ticket.

They are both fine kits and each has their strengths and weaknesses. Tell us a bit about what you play and where you think you will be in a year or two.
    sigpic

Comment

i don't intend to use much of the stock kits.

mostly playing sample libraries into the computer with as much feel as possible i've been listening to superior 2.0 at a friend's house, but ocean way is the BOMB...

I do like the yamaha pads, but was looking at a td 12 with hart pads. I was also pricing some used stuff, at least a td 10. I'd like 3 zone cymbals and the better hi hat pads, so I have to spend a certain amont of dough I'm sure.

I play drums full time, all the time. this is not a hobby for me :-)

i heard a drumsound last night I would LOVE to have,, Stevie Wonder "Livin' for the City" in all it's concert tom glory..

thanks all

Comment

I had to face the same thing.
        I've decided to go with the td-12 because of all the tweaking capabilities. might wanna check out vEx kits too. they're done using "stock" samples but are absolutely phenomenal.
        http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=SANY0907.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by radioking View Post
          i don't intend to use much of the stock kits.

mostly playing sample libraries into the computer with as much feel as possible i've been listening to superior 2.0 at a friend's house, but ocean way is the BOMB...

I do like the yamaha pads, but was looking at a td 12 with hart pads. I was also pricing some used stuff, at least a td 10. I'd like 3 zone cymbals and the better hi hat pads, so I have to spend a certain amont of dough I'm sure.

I play drums full time, all the time. this is not a hobby for me :-)

I heard a drumsound last night I would LOVE to have,, Stevie Wonder "Livin' for the City" in all it's concert tom glory..

thanks all
          Yamaha gets the nod on the zones. All cymbals are 3 zone with 1 cable (not 2 like Roland...and I "think" the pads are 3 zone as well.

If you like the mesh and a module that is a bit more user friendly out of the box though...Roland.

If you're only triggering a sample library thouugh..consider a TMI and just use your samples.

E
          - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

I agree with E1R, if your are only using samples and VSTi's, why not a Hart Kit with a TMI. Or Roland Pads and a TMI.
            sigpic

Comment

What's a TMI?
              Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

If a TMI is a trigger to MIDI interface, then maybe some can recommend one besides the Alessis ? I have not heard very good things about it.

It's not that I won't be using stock sounds at all, I just think down the road samples are the way to go...

Comment

There are all-in-one TMI with pads from www.alternatemode.com as well.
                  Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Working...
                  X