Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: FD-7 vs. FD-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: FD-7 vs. FD-8

I have a TD-6V with FD-8. I have done some searching and have applied a foam 'foot' to the sensor inside(just like the pictures) and applied some silcone lube to the top of the rubber 'hammer'.

I haven't noticed a marked difference, but I will keep fiddling.

My question is why do some on this forum say that the fix is to get a FD-7? What makes the FD-7 so much better than the FD-8? Will I notice a big change on my TD-6V?
    *TDW-20* KD-8 w/Iron Cobra single, PD-125, PD-80R, VH-11, PD-8(X3), CY-12R/C, CY-8(X2), older MDS-6 rack with additional lower crossbar for support, Roc 'n' Soc Nitro, ATH-M50 and MDR-7506

Life is a tragedy to those who feel and a comedy to those who think...

I want to know the same thing. I just got an FD-7 I need to restore and it already feels more solid than the FD-8. I haven't tried it out yet, but I will soon.
    sigpic

Comment

Depends what your definition of "big" is! You might notice very little difference: FD6, FD7, FD8 Differences

Bruce

Comment

I had both and fixed a fd8 to work rather well but just didn't do the job like the fd7. The fd7 is built better IMO, triggers better and never gives me any problems. They also go for a cheaper price! Dump the fd8 for a fd7 and have no more worries.
        www.myspace.com/tongueingrooveTd 20 Purple Fade V Session Cy15, 2x Cy14, Cy8, Asi+ Crown k2 amps, BBE max. Legion 15's, Madison 18 subs, Tama,Yamaha hardware.
        Your never as good or bad as you think you are !

Comment

I had a real problem getting the in between sounds with the FD8. The FD7 is better, not amazing, but better. Like others said, it feels better and seems tough. I dumped my FD8 on ebay and picked a new (old stock) FD7 for a loss of $5, well worth it to me.

J
          Edrums- KD-120, PD-125 (3), PD-105 (3), Yamaha PCY155, PCY-135 (4)
          Module - Roland TD20X
          Software - Pro Tools and Toontrack Superior

Comment

Working...
          X