Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vex mac friendly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vex mac friendly?

can you use vex packs on macs? If so, and i buy for my PC now, but get a mac in a couple of months, can i still use the same ones? Thanks.

VEX files are the same for PC or Mac.

-SD-

Comment

what about vdrumlib? is that a mac program too? or should i hold off buying it because ill be using a mac soon?

Comment

Originally posted by den3ny07 View Post
        what about vdrumlib? is that a mac program too? or should i hold off buying it because ill be using a mac soon?
        VDrumLib is available for both the Mac and the PC. But, the PC version runs only on the PC, and the Mac version runs only on the Mac. Both PC and Mac trial versions can be downloaded from here:
        http://www.vdrumlib.com/download.html

-SD-

Comment

thanks alot for the answers

Comment

can you use vex packs on macs? If so, and i buy for my PC now, but get a mac in a couple of months, can i still use the same ones? Thanks.
            BTW, congratulations of getting a Mac! You have my a wise choice and it well serve you well. Blessings from Steve Jobs. Go now in peace my brother.

Oh yeah, in case you don't know, you can always run Windows in Boot Camp if you must for applications you can't get for Mac.
            Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
            "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Ditto FullBack32...Mac=love
              Roland Td-11KV, Alesis SamplePad, DW5000 pedal, Vater 7A sticks.

Comment

right, but to run windows, dont i have to buy the os seperatly? and doesn't that cost like 200$?

If i own windows XP now, is there any way i can transfer it to the bootcamp? how does that work?

Comment

right, but to run windows, dont i have to buy the os seperatly? and doesn't that cost like 200$?

If i own windows XP now, is there any way i can transfer it to the bootcamp? how does that work?

Yes, if you own a copy of Windows XP you can run it in Bootcamp (make sure it is Windows XP Service Pack 2 though...no upgrade editions either.). Now, that being said, you can LEGALLY only run it on your Mac or your PC. Since you have 30 days to activate it, that will give you time to run your PC and Mac concurrently transfer any files you want to keep like your photos, mp3s, game saves, etc. What I did, though, was the easiest way to keep all my files when I went to the Mac. I bought a $20 External hard drive USB enclosure, took the hard drive out of my PC, placed it in the enclosure, hooked it to the Mac via a USB port...walla...all my pics, mp3, etc can be seen by both the Mac and Windows operating systems. I deleted everything of it I didn't need any more (Windows files, windows apps, etc) and didn't waste time transferring things via USB of my home network.

I'm not home right now, but if I remember right, I bought this enclosure.

http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=MS-255UPS&c=pw

As to installing Windows on your Mac with Bootcamp, your Leopard install disks will have the instructions on PDF. You can also download the Bootcamp installation guide here. http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/ It's really easy and I found that Windows (I run Vista) and the games I need to run in Windows run faster on my Mac than they did on my PC and I had a no-kidding gaming PC. Unbelievable!
                  Last edited by Fullback32; 08-27-08, 12:33 PM.
                  Hawk snare, toms, and bass; Hart ECII crashes & ride; VH-10 Hihat; Iron Cobra double-bass.
                  "I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Just a little extra point on this....

Most mac users using OS X (e.g. Tiger, Leopard) don't run antivirus software because mac viruses are not really an issue....
                    however as soon as you start loading up Windows software (either in Boot Camp or a virtual environment like Parallels) then you must also run Windows OS antivirus software as you will render at least part of your hard drive open to attack by Windows-based viruses etc

Comment

Originally posted by Swaledale View Post
                      Just a little extra point on this....

Most mac users using OS X (e.g. Tiger, Leopard) don't run antivirus software because mac viruses are not really an issue....
                      however as soon as you start loading up Windows software (either in Boot Camp or a virtual environment like Parallels) then you must also run Windows OS antivirus software as you will render at least part of your hard drive open to attack by Windows-based viruses etc

Ooooo...good point Swale. Absolutely!

Comment

Another Mac user here. In fact although my wife and I have a couple of real mac's at home I have been following the progress on osx86project.org and insanelymac.com for a couple years now, and since then have built my own Mac Pro equivalent (carefully selected compatible PC hardware for use with OSX) and also installed OSX on a IBM Thinkpad. They both work great.
                        2Box Drumit5, DIY 12" Snare, 12" Floor Tom, 2x10" Toms. Acoustic cymbals w/DIY triggers, Triggera Krigg, Tama Iron Cobra Kick and Tama Roadpro HH stand. Tennis Ball Riser (not needed now I have the Krigg lol).

Comment

Working...
                        X