Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum79
    replied
    Thanks guys!! That info really helps!!

Leave a comment:

• Fullback32
    replied
    I use a TD-12 with a TD-6V for expansion.

The TD12 has:

Hart Pro Snare
    Hart Pro Bass
    Two 10" Hart Pro Toms
    Two 12" Hart Pro Toms
    1 14" Hart ECII Ride
    1 13" Smartrigger Crash
    1 14" Hart ECII crash
    1 Hart ECII Hi-Hat
    1 Smartrigger 14" China

On the TD-6V
    Five 8" pads for Percussion stuff, usually timbales and bongos
    1 Hart Hammer Pad, usually for a cowbell
    1 Pintech Dingbat, usuallu used for tree chimes
    1 Hart 10" splash
    1 Smartrigger 16" crash
    1 Smartrigger 16" ride used for crash-ride

Right now the TD-12 and TD-6V are daisy-chained via the mix-in jack method. All inputs are maxed out. I am going to add my Alesis DM5 to the TD-12 via MIDI as I grow my kit. I had the Alesis connected to the TD-6V via MIDI back when the TD-6V was my primary module. It also had a TD-3 connected to the TD-6V via mix-in jack. It all worked really well. When I got the TD-12 I didn't need the Alesis anymore...but I've been watering my kit and using some Miracle Grow and new stuff will sprout any time I am sure.

Leave a comment:

• Drumzilla
    replied
    Td-3 & Td-6

Originally posted by Drum79 View Post
    Hi Drumzilla,

Thanks for the reply!! What do you have triggered off of your TD6, and what do you have triggered off the TD3? Thanks again!
    All kits are a little different but my main kit is broken down like this:

Toms:
    Tom 1 = TD-3 Tom 1 (sound is from TD-6 via MIDI)
    Tom 2 = TD-3 Tom 2 (sound is from TD-6 via MIDI)
    Tom 3 = TD-6 Tom 1 (edge trigger has cowbell)
    Tom 4 = TD-6 Tom 2
    Tom 5 = TD-6 Tom 3
    Tom 6 = TD-6 Tom 4

Snares:
    Main Snare = TD-6
    Side/Piccolo Snare = TD-3

Cymbals (from left to right):
    Cymbal 1 = TD-3 Crash 1
    Cymbal 2 = TD-3 Crash 2
    Cymbal 3 = TD-3 Ride
    Cymbal 4 = TD-6 Ride
    Cymbal 5 = TD-6 Crash 1
    Cymbal 6 = TD-6 Crash 2
    Cymbal 7 = TD-6 Aux

BD (left to right)
    BD 1 = TD-6 BD
    BD-2 = TD-3 BD
    BD-3 = TD-3 Tom 3

For HH I have the foot pedals next to each other on my left but the TD-6 one is mounted where you'd expect it (on the left) and the TD-3 is to the right of the snare. I usually have the TD-3 HH clutched.

I do have some other jazz kits I play where the toms are not high to low like this setup. I designed one kit on my TD-3 to kind of go along with my favorite VEX kits I have for my TD-6.

It's a lot of experimentation. Hope this helps. I have pictures of my setup (although it is constantly changing) here:

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthre...=15356&page=57

Leave a comment:

• Drum79
    replied
    Hi Drumzilla,

Thanks for the reply!! What do you have triggered off of your TD6, and what do you have triggered off the TD3? Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• Drumzilla
    replied
    Multiplel Modules

Originally posted by Drum79 View Post
    I currently have a TD6 v-club. I'm looking to upgrade to Roland mesh pads. My goal is this: KD125 kick, PD125 for snare, 2 PD105's for toms, 1 PD125 for floor tom, CY15 for ride, VH11 for HH, 2 - CY-12 for crashes, CY-8 for a splash, CY-8 for a China, and 1 rubber pad for a cowbell, etc. Now, obviously, I don't have enough trigger inputs for this on the TD6. What would be the most cost effective way to run this through a module or modules(s)? I was thinking of getting another TD6, or TD-12, and link them together. I've heard you can use y connectors etc to get additonal trigger inputs? Ultimately I'd like the TD-20, but was looking what I could do in the meantime. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!!!
    Wow! Sounds ambitious and expensive. I run a TD-6 and a TD-3. I trigger 6 toms, 7 cymbals (6 dual zone, 1 single zone), 2 snares, 3 BD, 2 HH & 1 Cowbell (edge trigger from TD-6 Tom 1). Sometimes I set the foot trigger of the TD-3 HH to cowbell. You're gonna want that cowbell.

Part of it is MIDI and part I just run through a mixer. I only have mesh pads on my snares. The rubber ones are okay for now on the toms. I actually like the KD-8 better than the mesh BD.

I'm looking at getting a TD-12 sometime but my next buy will be a sampler to MIDI with my kit or an SPD-S. Haven't decided yet.

Getting a second module is all kinds of fun. Especially when you start getting into MIDI.

*Edit* - I have this on the MDS-20 stand and a separate PDP stand for two toms and two cymbals. For all the stuff you want to do, you need to either get some cymbal stands or upgrade to a beefier stand.

Leave a comment:

• Drum79
    started a topic Question on setup

Question on setup

I currently have a TD6 v-club. I'm looking to upgrade to Roland mesh pads. My goal is this: KD125 kick, PD125 for snare, 2 PD105's for toms, 1 PD125 for floor tom, CY15 for ride, VH11 for HH, 2 - CY-12 for crashes, CY-8 for a splash, CY-8 for a China, and 1 rubber pad for a cowbell, etc. Now, obviously, I don't have enough trigger inputs for this on the TD6. What would be the most cost effective way to run this through a module or modules(s)? I was thinking of getting another TD6, or TD-12, and link them together. I've heard you can use y connectors etc to get additonal trigger inputs? Ultimately I'd like the TD-20, but was looking what I could do in the meantime. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!!!
Working...
X