Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ipod to TD9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipod to TD9

Hi all,

First post here

I got a TD9 over the weekend and Im loving it so far.

My question is can somebody tell me or post a link to the exact cable im going to need to play along with tunes from my Ipod.

Im going to order it online and I want to get it right the first time,

Would I be right in guessing that I need one that comes out of the headphone jack of the Ipod or is it the USB connection?

Thank you for your help peeps

Rav.
    Last edited by rav1410; 08-25-08, 08:13 AM.

Originally posted by rav1410 View Post
    Hi all,

First post here

I got a TD9 over the weekend and Im loving it so far.

My question is can somebody tell me or post a link to the exact cable im going to need to play along with tunes from my Ipod.

Im going to order it online and I want to get it right the first time,

Would I be right in guessing that I need one that comes out of the headphone jack of the Ipod or is it the USB connection?

Thank you for your help peeps

Rav.

I also use my ipod on my TD9. You need a cable with a small stereo din plug on both sides. So from the headphone connection of the ipod to the mix in of your TD9 module.
    TD9-KX newbie :)

Comment

Originally posted by petevdrum View Post
      I also use my ipod on my TD9. You need a cable with a small stereo din plug on both sides. So from the headphone connection of the ipod to the mix in of your TD9 module.

Excellent cheers buddy.

Is it not possible to plug via USB?

Would make it a lot easier

Comment

Excellent cheers buddy.

I also tried that but then the TD9 module switches off
        TD9-KX newbie :)

Comment

(I know this information is false...)

The guy at Guitar Center told me that you plug the iPod into the TD-9 via USB and then you can use the songs on the iPod with the TD-9's play along feature and mute the drums on the songs. Magically.

Which is why I refuse to give my business to Guitar Center ever again . . . What a maroon!

Comment

Originally posted by lysis View Post
            (I know this information is false...)

The guy at Guitar Center told me that you plug the iPod into the TD-9 via USB and then you can use the songs on the iPod with the TD-9's play along feature and mute the drums on the songs. Magically.

Which is why I refuse to give my business to Guitar Center ever again . . . What a maroon!
            Nothing against GC personally - or the people working there - but their job knowledge and input as about as reliable as asking a Best Buy employee which DVD player to buy. That's my experience where I live in Oklahoma anwyay. It's bad when someone who is taking their first venture into drumming knows more about the products they sell than they do. Retail just doesn't pay well enough to have product experts working the floor I guess...
            "...regardless of what you play, the biggest thing is keeping the feel going ..." - Wes Montgomery

Comment

Originally posted by Makomachine View Post
              Nothing against GC personally - or the people working there - but their job knowledge and input as about as reliable as asking a Best Buy employee which DVD player to buy. That's my experience where I live in Oklahoma anwyay. It's bad when someone who is taking their first venture into drumming knows more about the products they sell than they do. Retail just doesn't pay well enough to have product experts working the floor I guess...
              That's not true at all. Those guys at the store have the potential to make a decent wage (I'm not saying career worthy, but decent for the kid living at home because he dropped out of school to form a metal band). The problem is that they don't care to learn about the products they sell. They could be on these forums reading, learning and participating in talking about the Roland, Yamaha and everything else they sell. They could be on all kinds of forums. They choose not to.

I walked into that store and corrected him on 12 different things and gave up long before he told me you could hook up the iPod to the USB. I'm pretty sure I started helping him make more stuff up by the time I left.

If you play the bottom of the trigger instead of the top, the sounds come out backwards. *grins*

Sorry, but laziness and ignorance are the two biggest things that strike a nerve.

Comment

Originally posted by lysis View Post
                [...] but decent [wage] for the kid living at home because he dropped out of school to form a metal band[...]
                And he's going to make it big, that'll show 'em.

Anyway, good to see the TD9 has the Mix In functionality, I couldn't see it anywhere in the specs.
                Still miss you baby, but my aim's gettin' better...

Comment

I've used my iPod (5G, Windows formatted) for backing up my kits, instead of a USB memory key. If you create a folder called ROLAND and within that a folder called TD9, your TD-9 can use the iPod for backups. But the songs are inaccessible, and the TD-9 only plays WAVs anyway. You could put separate WAV files on the iPod to play via USB though, I suppose. It would be the same as putting WAVs on a USB key, look it up in the manual.

Comment

Working...
                  X