Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1.09 update for td-20 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.09 update for td-20 ?

Hey all,
    I've just acquired a (used) TD-20 and have been downloading manuals, etc, from the Roland site. One of the things I find on the site is a "system upgrade 1.09". I don't know if the unit I have has this installed. It reports "program version 1.0" when the info is examined which would make me doubt it. Today I checked a rather fresh in store unit, found it also reported "1.0". I was hoping that the upgrade would report as 1.09 and the store unit would state that fact. I'm suspecting it would report it's version, but I simply don't know.

First, does the unit indicate which system level its at? Secondly, what does this upgrade provide if installed.

Inquiring minds want to know

Lyle
    and the jukebox plays..... !! (the Nails - Home of the Brave )

E-set : TDW-20, 2 up & 2 down, VH-12, 6 cymbals (5 CY14, 1 CY15), 2 Pintech Dingbats all on a Gibraltar rack, thru a Simmons DA200S
    VExpressions Gigging Kits & Top 50 Drummers #1

A-set : 1968 Ludwig Hollywood in Burgundy Sparkle

Originally posted by slyone View Post
    First, does the unit indicate which system level its at?
    It only displays the third digit if you;

1. Power on while holding the EFFECTS SWITCH, AMBIENCE, and MASTER COMP/EQ buttons.

2. Once the display shows the DRUM KIT menu, release the buttons, and press SETUP, followed by F4.

The "Flash" version shown, is the current version of your TD-20.

Secondly, what does this upgrade provide if installed.

Inquiring minds want to know
    Yes, many of them. Unfortunately, with this one, Roland have chosen not to reveal their secrets. That almost certainly means it's not important. The last TD-20 updates where they published the changes were 1.07/1.08 in 2005.

Bruce

Comment

Found I had to do it a bit differently, but I got my answer. Had to hold the three buttons on power up as described, but then I had to go tools-info-version to see it. I'm at 1.08 BTW. I redid this without the power on button sequence and got the 1.0 report.

Lyle

E-set : TDW-20, 2 up & 2 down, VH-12, 6 cymbals (5 CY14, 1 CY15), 2 Pintech Dingbats all on a Gibraltar rack, thru a Simmons DA200S

Comment

Found I had to do it a bit differently, but I got my answer. Had to hold the three buttons on power up as described, but then I had to go tools-info-version to see it. I'm at 1.08 BTW. I redid this without the power on button sequence and got the 1.0 report.

Lyle
        Hey, thanks. You've just answered why I couldn't do it last week when I was checking something for someone else. Your method just worked for me. When did they change that and not tell anyone!

Roland US list the "old" instructions: Viewing the Current Rom Version

By the way, I'd forgotten that our correspondent in Japan had said that 1.09 does nothing .................... yet!: Cosmetic Update

Bruce

Comment

I received the following email from Roland in regards to 1.09 system upgrade

Hello Lyle,
          Version 1.09 only changes the name of one of the backing instruments. It does not add any new features or functionality.

This selection is from Knowledge Base Article #104841 available at:
          http://backstage.rolandus.com/knowle...p?HD_ID=104841

Comment

I received the following email from Roland in regards to 1.09 system upgrade

Hello Lyle,
            Version 1.09 only changes the name of one of the backing instruments. It does not add any new features or functionality.
            That seems most unlikely: That's exactly what 1.08 did three years ago.

[This selection is from Knowledge Base Article #104841 available at:
            http://backstage.rolandus.com/knowle...p?HD_ID=104841
            I suppose we need to persuade them that's apparently outdated.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
            X