Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pedal plate vs. no pedal plate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal plate vs. no pedal plate?

My 20 year old Pearl strap-drive pedal bit the dust this week so I'm in need of something new. Many pedals available today have a "pedal plate" while others (usually the less expensive models) do not. Is there an advantage to having a plate fixed to the bottom of the pedal. I've never had a pedal with a bottom plate so I'm not sure what I'm missing, if anything. Any thoughts?

Originally posted by artie View Post
    My 20 year old Pearl strap-drive pedal bit the dust this week so I'm in need of something new. Many pedals available today have a "pedal plate" while others (usually the less expensive models) do not. Is there an advantage to having a plate fixed to the bottom of the pedal. I've never had a pedal with a bottom plate so I'm not sure what I'm missing, if anything. Any thoughts?
    Helps with stability and helps it not skid around if your an agressive kicker.

E
    - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Pedal plate is a good place for some velcro strips to keep it in place too.

Comment

if you have that kind of budget, I'd recommend a dw 5000. Personally, I like the Accelerator better.
        http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=SANY0907.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X