Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new v-drum amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new v-drum amp

Its about 845 us dollars and will be out mid july.

not too expensive, if u ask me
    Robert

Comment

OK..... but what does it sound like? If it's just a repackaged PM3 then I'm not interested. The best thing about the PM3 is the little monitors, the rest of it is a repackaged KC-500.

My $ .02 worth !

Comment

Originally posted by Rick S
        OK..... but what does it sound like? If it's just a repackaged PM3 then I'm not interested. The best thing about the PM3 is the little monitors, the rest of it is a repackaged KC-500.

My $ .02 worth !

It doesn't look like either one to me.

High-powered V-Drums amplifier with 300-watt bi-amp design and superb sound

240-watt powered 15 woofer and 60-watt powered horn driver

Onboard FFP technology maximizes amp efficiency thanks to digital control

Specially designed speaker cabinet accurately reproduces V-Drums sounds

Dedicated V-Drums input with V-Drums Shape switch.

Versatile 3-channel design allows flexible routing and use of multiple input sources

Output Select function permits routing of select signals to headphones, headphone + speaker or headphone + speaker + Line output

Stereo Link capability allows for stereo TDA-700 setup with control from a single amp

XLR Line outputs for professional stage and studio applications

Width 20 1/4"
        Depth 21 3/16"
        Height 39 1/16"
        Weight 114 lbs 11 oz (Oh my aching back!)
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo

It doesn't look like either one to me.

High-powered V-Drums amplifier with 300-watt bi-amp design and superb sound

240-watt powered 15 woofer and 60-watt powered horn driver

Onboard FFP technology maximizes amp efficiency thanks to digital control

Specially designed speaker cabinet accurately reproduces V-Drums sounds

Dedicated V-Drums input with V-Drums Shape switch.

Versatile 3-channel design allows flexible routing and use of multiple input sources

Output Select function permits routing of select signals to headphones, headphone + speaker or headphone + speaker + Line output

Stereo Link capability allows for stereo TDA-700 setup with control from a single amp

XLR Line outputs for professional stage and studio applications

Width 20 1/4"
          Depth 21 3/16"
          Height 39 1/16"
          Weight 114 lbs 11 oz (Oh my aching back!)
          Ok... Ok... Do you get a commission for that sales pitch.

LOL...

Comment

Ok... Ok... Do you get a commission for that sales pitch.

LOL...
            Actually, I do. Unfortunately they have a policy which prevents me from revealing exactly what they pay me. And the formula is rather complicated. I can share that with you in it's most basic form...

Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo

Actually, I do. Unfortunately they have a policy which prevents me from revealing exactly what they pay me. And the formula is rather complicated. I can share that with you in it's most basic form...

Dr. Nash.... I presume?

Comment

keep in mind that Roland new products ship 6-12 months after they introduce them in the USA.

Comment

Hey cp, is that $845 MSRP?
                  Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

Originally posted by ufotofu
                    Hey cp, is that $845 MSRP?
                    that was my cost ,couldhave it mid july. I know that the people who sold me my v's can get me a better #

Comment

My $ .02 worth !

Steve from Rpland said its louder than hell and has bass boost and eq trim for toms

Comment

Re: new v-drum amp

Originally posted by cpgrossman
                        Its about 845 us dollars and will be out mid july.
                        I just saw the new TDA-700 listed on Musicians Friend's website for $846.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...base_id/82956.

Sounds like a reasonable price compared to the wimpy PM-3. It also says that it is in stock. I'm waiting for my local Mars Music to get one in so that I can hear it for myself. I had a KC-500 to use and found it to sound pretty crappy. I'm hopeful this new amp can create some sound that's finally something I'd want to listen to without the headphones. Probably just wishful thinking, though.
                        TD-20, HK LUCAS PA

Comment

well...in the meantime i got a pair of eon g1's for $400 so im set for now.

Comment

Are you happy with the sound? Are you still wearing your cans with them? Where are you controlling the EQ?

I'm a bit skeptical of the wimpy, mid-range sound quality that comes out of so many small amp speakers.
                            TD-20, HK LUCAS PA

Comment

There a lot of posts about eon's so look them up. when I played thru my friends g2's, I just loved them. and a few days later my old ladys band leader sold us his g1's. I dont think their mid rangy at all. With 2 15's they have plenty of kick.(In fact I dont see how people want subs)cant set them up in my apt,yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X